Watching Tyra.....

*sigh* Why is Tyra still on TV? :wallbash: I watched it the other day when she had Brandy and Patti LaBelle on the show. Other than that, I can't stand her because of the "Black Self-Hate" topics she has. I just want to :deadhorse: :boxing: :brucelee: :slap:her.

I must be in the minority because I have caught some of her shows and I actually like them. Yes we as black women do have a lot of issues that Tyra is exposing on her show and I feel like people are getting offended because she is airing out our dirty laundry. I think that is not her intent though. The episode about bleaching was actually informational. She exposed that fact that companies are marketing a lot of unsafe creams to the black community and expressed that we need to learn self love.

I think the point that she is losing is that there needs to be a balance of shows that show some positive aspects of minority women. We also have a lot of good traits.

Last edited:
I don't like the stupid comments she makes like "I have to wear a weave because I'm black but I want long hair". Wth?:nono: OP, I'm sorry to hijack your thread.

Back