We love our thick hair!!

Diam0ndiva

:look:i just realized that us as black women are in love with our roots. the thick hair we have on our heads.. but because it can be hard to maintain, solely on the basis of everyday life and pressures we opt for relaxed or texlaxed or even texurized.

i love my "tougher than Nigerian hair" (im am nigerian) lol:lachen:and i love that lyric. For 6 years i maintained my thick, get on my last nerve, kinky hair but i eventually texlaxed due to pure frustration. welp i decided to continue my texlaxed journey but will stretch my locs 4 to 6mos avg b4 i tex again.

How about you? Can you relate to this?:ohwell:

maghreblover

me too!!! i'm nigerian and i love my thick hair so much (but i hate those lyrics) i never ever want to texturise for ages (which is why i stretch for 1 year- and might just miss it next year in february, and the year after, and the year after...OMG, am i thinking of going natural...

Mz.Shug

I'm transitioning to natural for the first time so 7 months into it I have no complaints yet. I think it's important that you do what works for you and your hair.I think that stretching 4 to 6 months could be great for your hair. Minimizes the chances of overlapping. I think it's wonderful that AA women have a place such as this to come together to compare notes, products, techniques and hair styles pertaining to OUR hair. Thanks to having eachother to lean on, the media can no longer "hoodwink" us into what is right and wrong for our hair with the all mighty dollar in mind instead of customer satisfaction. I wish you well on your hair journey!

Diam0ndiva

me too!!! i'm nigerian and i love my thick hair so much (but i hate those lyrics) i never ever want to texturise for ages (which is why i stretch for 1 year- and might just miss it next year in february, and the year after, and the year after...OMG, am i thinking of going natural...

i have been debating on going natural.. ahhhhh it was tooo much work and drama and lots of tears.. and frizzy nights.. in the club..lol

Diam0ndiva

I'm transitioning to natural for the first time so 7 months into it I have no complaints yet. I think it's important that you do what works for you and your hair.I think that stretching 4 to 6 months could be great for your hair. Minimizes the chances of overlapping. I think it's wonderful that AA women have a place such as this to come together to compare notes, products, techniques and hair styles pertaining to OUR hair. Thanks to having eachother to lean on, the media can no longer "hoodwink" us into what is right and wrong for our hair with the all mighty dollar in mind instead of customer satisfaction. I wish you well on your hair journey!

Aman!... seriously i felt like i needed someone to type too.. ;) and get some feelings off my chest

newbiemom

This is why I texlax but if you see my profile pic it doesn't look it. That is texlaxed hair not natural. I love the thickness and fullness. If only I could go back when someone else did myhair as a child I would stay natural but I don't know if I can. I want to but I almost 30 years old what do I look like crying trying to flat iron my hair.

Diam0ndiva

lol @ newbiemom... crying trying to flat iron..that was funny. yes i am too a texlaxer that goes for the thicker look not the almost straight.. i just want to losen my curl BUT i messed up once or twice texlaxing.. let it on too long in some places so its like 1 to 2 inches of straight hair through out my hair... grrr!!..

beans4reezy

Great post! I can so relate! It's funny too because I did a LC yesterday and I am going from relaxed to just textured hair- don't get me wrong. It's still a chemical, but it is not getting my hair too straight...just loosens up the pattern enough for me to style a little easier. Yet in still, it's been about eight months since my last touch-up.

Anyway, I stretched that hair out, took a picture, and my tounge was on the ground! I am now thinking, do I really need to even texturize my hair??? It's thick again!! I thought I would never, ever, see the same thickness I had in my hair when I was a child.

I realized boy, this hair is beautiful. So deceptive too. My hair looks to be NL, but when I stretch that bad boy out- APL, baby!!

lana

I got me some thick hair. I was natural for years but found it better to texlax because I wore my hair straight all the time (thanks LHCF). I like how I look with my hair straightened. So now I texlax. But it's because of LHCF that I'm only 2 inches from brastrap length. I never knew how to take care of my hair growing up, now I'm a full grown woman with some thick hair and it swings! All because of you ladies and your wonderful advice.

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

I am Nigerian and I love my thick hair and slowly starting to love my big arse head. I decided to go natural this year. I transitioned for almost 7 months then BC. My last relaxer was Feb 4th, 2009. I am loving the heck out of my natural hair. I find that using a protective style such as twists or cornrows allows my hair to stretch and stay soft and manageable!!! I love my hair!!

Mizz Diamonds

Well I'm nigerian too and always loved my hair never had a "good hair" bad hair" problem growing up even when my hair was relaxed it was still thick and looked blowdred afro that i happily rocked

sunnieb

Absolutely! I love my thick hair! I just got a fresh relaxer this week and I really miss my 12 weeks worth of kinky, curly, coily newgrowth!

But I do NOT miss the detangling and knotting! :sekret:

Oh well, they'll be back!

Geminigirl

Love my thicker hair. My hair was sooo super thin when relaxed after not caring for it. I hated to wear ponytails or buns. NOW. My hair is so full looking and I love it. When it was shorter I could barely keep my hands out of it. I was always massaging my hair which increased the fullness and increased growth. I just love my hair period.

lux10023

luv my thick blk hair---it hurt when my mom use to comb it when i wa 5 yrs old- it but ive never felt like i wanted anyone elses hair but the one i have---thick hair has always been so beautiful to me---short or long luv thick hair!!!!