Weave Regimen

jaded_faerie

through out my senior year in high school i continuosly wore a weave but did not know how to take care of it...therefore mostly all of my hair broke off. I want to continue to wear a sew in weave and have a good amount of growth. I am scared however to put a weave back in my hair because i have started to grow out my hair and it is coming a long pretty well. However if any one would help me out by creating a weave regimen of some sort, so that i could take care of my hair i would really appreciate it. any help???...please...

cutebajangirl

I think the best thing is to replace your weave every 6 weeks max. I aim to replace mine every 4 weeks. I've seen alot of people complain about matting with sew in's but I've never had that problem due to the time frame I leave it in. I poo weekly and apply a liquid leave in conditioner. Now I add surge and unbraid spray to the braided up hair. There is a girl on Fotki named Reneice who has grown a wonderful head of hair using weaves, you should check out her album.

jaded_faerie

thanks...i think i will go for every 6 weeks....im a college student and on a budget :).......but i will definately look at reneice's fotki

cutebajangirl

Do you think you can learn on your own? That's the route I'm heading now. Reneice did her own weaves but she is a hairdresser. In my link I have a weave I did myself which I liked.

cutebajangirl

My cornrows underneath are ok but they are getting better. Is there someone at school that can do the cornrow part? Or maybe you can practice on someone else's head. Me I practice when I do my mom's hair and slowly but surely I got better at it. The sewing part is really easy.

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
the key is MOISTURE!! braid spray and activator have become my best friends. i co wash my hair one week, then shampoo and co the next. i do that because i know sometimes shampoo gets trapped under the cornrows and i want to lessen my chance of that happening(scared of breakage). but anwho...i usualy keep mine in every 6 weeks and i dont have a problem with matting due to my hair always being moisturized. after i wash i load my braids with leave in conditioner( i like the black n sassy). then everyday after that i either do the braidspray or activator. on the hair left out i just use regular moisturizer that wont cause my hiar to revert.

oh! i forgot! i have surge in a applicator bottle and squirt it on my scalp 2 times a day before i moisturize.

HTH

foxybronx

jaded_faerie said:
through out my senior year in high school i continuosly wore a weave but did not know how to take care of it...therefore mostly all of my hair broke off. I want to continue to wear a sew in weave and have a good amount of growth. I am scared however to put a weave back in my hair because i have started to grow out my hair and it is coming a long pretty well. However if any one would help me out by creating a weave regimen of some sort, so that i could take care of my hair i would really appreciate it. any help???...please...
I just asked this question myself recently. The ladies gave me a lot of great suggestions. Check out this thread.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=45036&highlight=sewn+weave

OT: CBG I :love: your weave!! I can’t believe you did it yourself. It looks just like the pics of your real hair, so natural looking! I changed my mind about getting one..but you are making me reconsider. Bout time you put your album up :wacky: