Weave,Twists or Braids-Help Me Decide...

Which one do you suggest?

• Sew-in weave

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Twists

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Braids

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Platinum

I'm trying to decide what my next style should be. I asked DH and he said "whatever you decide":perplexed. Okay, so he's not much help. I'm hoping you ladies can help me out. The problem is that I travel a lot so I want something that will last. I got microbraids on Feb 1 but I took them out. Believe it or not, I had so much new growth, they looked like they had been in for 3 months. I don't want to stop using my MN mix but I need a style like that to last longer than a few weeks.

I've had sew-ins before and I'm considering getting a wet and wavy style. I had Spanish Wavy and Deep Wave but they were horrible, even the high $$ brands. There's nothing worse than being 1000-2500+ miles away from home for weeks at a time with a tangled weave.:sad:

My favorite cousin suggested twists but I'm scared I'll have the same problem that I had with the micros.:wallbash:

Do you have any suggestions? Please help! I really need a good, low maintenance style that's going to last. *My natural hair is uneven and I'm trying to nurse it. I'm going for a 6 month stretch so wearing it out is definetely not an option.*

Platinum

:bump::bump: Can anyone offer a suggestion? I don't want to continue to waste money on styles that won't last.

Jazala

All of them (weave, twists or braids) will need to be redone after a few weeks. You could try a fall or wig. You can take them off at night and the style can last a very long time if you buy a good quality one and take care of it.

Platinum

Thanks! I did a little research on lace front wigs and it sounds like a great idea but some of the sites I went to charge $800-1200. Do you know any sites I can check that have lace fronts that are more affordable?

TrustMeLove

I would get twist. I've had them twice and when I took them out I had a lot of new growth and they still looked great.

When I told my friends and family I was taking out my braids they were like huh they look new still. And I dont' deal with lying folks..so i know they are telling the truth.

Plus, my mom has them right now and I think she is on month 2 and they look good still. Honestly she needs to take them out because I don't think braids longer than 2 months is a great idea, but she has them in and her edges look fine and they look really really good.

SO TWIST. TWIST TWIST.

Jazala

I would get twist. I've had them twice and when I took them out I had a lot of new growth and they still looked great.

When I told my friends and family I was taking out my braids they were like huh they look new still. And I dont' deal with lying folks..so i know they are telling the truth.

Plus, my mom has them right now and I think she is on month 2 and they look good still. Honestly she needs to take them out because I don't think braids longer than 2 months is a great idea, but she has them in and her edges look fine and they look really really good.

SO TWIST. TWIST TWIST.

That's awesome and I'm jealous :2cool:becuase I can't go any longer than 3 weeks (and that's pushing it) with braids or twists because my NG looks a hot mess!!! :brainfog:

Aggie

I like both braids and twists but if I had only one of these two choices, I would choose braids. With the twists, my natural hair would always start coming out of the twists by the 3rd week or so looking all straggly but with my braids, I'm able to keep them neatly done for the entire 2 months. I redo the hairline and nape area at 4 weeks. Check out my fotki for some braids I have in right now in my protective style folder - link in my siggy.

Platinum

Thanks fot the link Jazala! I may consider wearing wigs after I remove my braids. Trustmelove, what kind of twists do you wear? I used to wear Senegalese twists back in the 90's but I see alot of people wearing Kinky twists now. Which ones do you suggest?

Ladies, keep those suggestions coming!:yep:

Aggie

Thanks fot the link Jazala! I may consider wearing wigs after I remove my braids. Trustmelove, what kind of twists do you wear? I used to wear Senegalese twists back in the 90's but I see alot of people wearing Kinky twists now. Which ones do you suggest?

Ladies, keep those suggestions coming!:yep:

I wear wigs in between my braid take down and relaxers as well. It is a very easy way to stretch my relaxers and a great way to wait out the necessary 4 -5 weeks after relaxer but before braid up again.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I've wore kinky twists during my transition and it worked well for me....the longest I've left then in was 2 months. When I start getting new growth I would just twist it (like how you twist to loc hair) and it would remain neat. I'm gonna put them in for 2 months this summer but I'm wearing a wig for the rest of this month.

Platinum

I still haven't decided yet and i plan to get my hair done tomorrow. It's a toss up between tree braids and sengalese twists. A friend suggest that I get a wet & wavy sew-in but have the front done in micro braids. I can't decide but I don't think it will be the sew-in. :pullhair:

Val, those kinky twists are going to look great on you.

Platinum

If u go with the twist or braids, u can redo the hair line every couple of weeks. It's not hard to do. hth

I got the Kinky Twists and I love them. DH was a little disappointed at first because he says he likes realy long braids on me (my KT's are shoulder-length). Hey, I see you're from Augusta! I used to live in the AUG.:yep:

tiffanyoneal

I got the Kinky Twists and I love them. DH was a little disappointed at first because he says he likes realy long braids on me (my KT's are shoulder-length). Hey, I see you're from Augusta! I used to live in the AU

Yup the kinky twists are the way to go!:yep: I had mine in for 4 months and they still looked great even after the new growth. I always get micros but I think its better to get the twists cause they are easier to take out and they look a whole lot better than the micros did after 4 months! I think I got pic's on my blog and fotki. Let us know how they hold up 4 you.

loulou82

Kinky Twists are great. I took mine out after 7 weeks and now I'm have a sew in. But the twists were very low maintenance.