Two Strand Twists w/Weave Extentions

Ms_Twana

I have joined my first challenge: Hide Your Hair Until Christmas. I am considering getting the two-strand twists with extentions. I've only had weave once, for micro-braids, a long time ago. They didn't stay in long at all; maybe 3 weeks. I think that's short for micro's.

Anyway, I want to know what all goes into this before I make my final decision. How do I maintain this style? How do I need to maintain MY hair with this style? What do I do to attempt to prevent breakage? Any help, tips, or opinions that you have to share would help. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey girl I am currently wearing the two strand twists and Ive had them in for almost a month. There is not that much maintenance required except of course washing them and keeping them oiled.

Thank you so much for replying. And how do you wash them and keep them oiled?? Also, do you just put a scarf on at night? Okay, could you just give me your regimen for the style, because my questions can go on and on and on!!!!!!!:D Thanks!!

Ms. Twana, I just got two-strand twist extensions put in yesterday (round 2 of my crown & glory regimen) and I plan on maintaining them the same as braids. To shampoo, I dilute shampoo with water in a cup and pour it over my hair, making sure to massage my scalp to get it really clean. Then I spray with a mixture of Infusium 21 and African Pride braid spray and that's about all there is to it. Like silke74 said, there's really not much maintenance to it at all. I use a little bit of the braid spray every day to keep my hair moisturized underneath the twist, but that's it.

Hope that helps.

Robin41 said:
Ms. Twana, I just got two-strand twist extensions put in yesterday (round 2 of my crown & glory regimen) and I plan on maintaining them the same as braids. To shampoo, I dilute shampoo with water in a cup and pour it over my hair, making sure to massage my scalp to get it really clean. Then I spray with a mixture of Infusium 21 and African Pride braid spray and that's about all there is to it. Like silke74 said, there's really not much maintenance to it at all. I use a little bit of the braid spray every day to keep my hair moisturized underneath the twist, but that's it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I wanted to know if you were doing C&C if you could do the braid regimen and just substitute the twist with extensions. Thanks again.

Back