Weavers...Question for you....

RabiaElaine

I read on another forum yesterday that a lady relaxes her BSS hair so that it doesn't do that poof/swelling thing. She did it to Hollywood Italian Deep Refined Human hair. Another lady did it with her yaki hair. They said the hair survived and lasts longer, doesn't poof or tangle.

Have any of you done this or know people who do this? I'm considering trying it on a new pack of BSS hair before I put it in.

:( How come all this time I thought that was your hair? :lol: I never noticed that all over your signature and even right under your name you state that it's not. :lachen:

I dont know what BSS is, but you should call a hair company like www.Hairfactory.com or www.Adorablehairdo.com and ask them if no one on LHCF can answer your question. :)

RabiaElaine,

I don't know anyone who does this outside of the ladies on BHM who mentioned it, but I do know that the Outre Remi that they sell in the BSS says on the ad that it can be permed, dyed, etc... I'm guessing it would be okay on good quality hair. I'm not sure about some of that other bss hair because of that plasticy filler hair. Wouldn't the relaxer melt that?

bmoreflyygirl said:
RabiaElaine,

I don't know anyone who does this outside of the ladies on BHM who mentioned it, but I do know that the Outre Remi that they sell in the BSS says on the ad that it can be permed, dyed, etc... I'm guessing it would be okay on good quality hair. I'm not sure about some of that other bss hair because of that plasticy filler hair. Wouldn't the relaxer melt that?

Yeah I heard about this on BHM...and wanted to check back here. The lady who did it, did it on Hollywood hair, which as far as I know isn't high quality BSS hair like Outre Remi. I'm wondering if it would be ok on my Janet hair. Is there a list somewhere where you could find out which hair has plastic filler hair?

Lovelylocs said:
:( How come all this time I thought that was your hair? :lol: I never noticed that all over your signature and even right under your name you state that it's not. :lachen:

I dont know what BSS is, but you should call a hair company like www.Hairfactory.com or www.Adorablehairdo.com and ask them if no one on LHCF can answer your question. :)

:lol: yeah it is a weave! I wish my hair was this long/thick.

BSS=beauty supply store

I want to see if anyone here has done this to BSS hair.

RabiaElaine said:
Yeah I heard about this on BHM...and wanted to check back here. The lady who did it, did it on Hollywood hair, which as far as I know isn't high quality BSS hair like Outre Remi. I'm wondering if it would be ok on my Janet hair. Is there a list somewhere where you could find out which hair has plastic filler hair?

Hmmm... I'm not sure. But even within BSS hair they have different qualities like I know Outre has Gold, Silver, Platinum, etc... From what I've heard, Janet is pretty good quality BSS hair. I mean it's not like it's that cheapy weave hair they sell in Walmart that looks like a pack full of split ends. :lol: You could always do a patch test on a piece of the weave and see how it turns out before doing the whole thing.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Hmmm... I'm not sure. But even within BSS hair they have different qualities like I know Outre has Gold, Silver, Platinum, etc... From what I've heard, Janet is pretty good quality BSS hair. I mean it's not like it's that cheapy weave hair they sell in Walmart that looks like a pack full of split ends. :lol: You could always do a patch test on a piece of the weave and see how it turns out before doing the whole thing.

That's true! I should try a strand test. If it doesn't work well or melts or something I can just throw that part of the weave out:grin: , hey it's not like it's my hair:lachen: .

RabiaElaine said:
That's true! I should try a strand test. If it doesn't work well or melts or something I can just throw that part of the weave out:grin: , hey it's not like it's my hair:lachen: .

True :lol:

Back