Weight Loss/Hair Growth Pt. 2!

davisbr88

Never too late to get healthy Kerryann! Join in!
I walked a lot this week so I am hoping for a loss.
I'm still trying to work on balancing my carbs out as a vegetarian because I know carbs put weight on me, but a lot of times, that is all I really have around that is veg-friendly, especially when going out. I am going to work on that.

ebsalita

Hi Ladies,

Belated update but I've some good news from my weigh in on Friday- I lost 2lb last week - :yay: I'm so pumped up - I did 4 x 1hr cross trainer sessions and watched what I ate during the day and it paid off. I'm now 125.5 lb, which in English money is 8st 13.5lb - so I've broken that 9stone barrier now. I don't ever want to go back to being heavier than 9st :nono:. I have st myself the challenge of getting down to 121lb by 20th August - the day I move to my new apartment.

My hair is doing quite well too. I wore it out in a puff for the first time this weekend (I always wear my hair stretched). I literally did a wash n go and it looked quite cute actually :grin:. I blew it out yesterday and flatironed, and I can definitely see that it is growing - I'm still gunning for APL by the end of the year.

Have a successful week and keep up the good work :grin:

Last edited:

Taina

I'm so sorry i havn't write in here since i joined, but i've been crazy busy. Well my weight havn't drop a bit, but my fat percentaje is lower, i can feel muscle in quads and triceps (never since i gained weight)

I change my routine in the gym to the Destroying the fat by Thibadeau (you can search and find the article online if you're interested) and is INSANE!!!. We'll see the results now that i recalculated the diet

davisbr88

Hey guys!
I've been fasting from my comp and now I'm back! Yay!
I've been successful with vegetarianism so far and have begun working out 3 times per week. I'm not losing much. I weigh the same as last week, but I am sort of done stressing about it. I stopped stressing about my hair and am truly keeping it simple (I'm down to 3-4 products max), so I am done stressing sooo much about my weight. I've done it before and I know I can do it again without trying to kill myself.
I'm just going to roll with the punches for the next couple of weeks, though I do plan to do a juice fast in the near future. Will update then :)

ebsalita

Hi Ladies,

Quick update - was ill most of last week and couldn't exercise but I weighed in and have lost 0.75lb. I am now 124.75lb.

Keep going everyone!:grin:

Diva_Esq

I gotta get back on the weight loss wagon! Hair's going GREAT...almost at BSL! Weight loss...not so much. Only about 5 lbs. :-\

JJamiah

I am down 7 pounds in 5 weeks ;) Yay! I am super excited. I have 4 to go I am screaming at the highest mountail Whew Hew. My hair has been kicked to the back burner. I am doing regular maintenance to it and tis all!

Last edited:

LaidBak

I hope its not too late to join. I am trying to get back on track in both areas so this challenge might be just what I need.

Current weight: 144 lbs
Current hair length: between EL and SL
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 130 lbs
Short-term hair goal: SL
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 130 lbs
Long-term hair goal: APL
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: thicken my edges

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? I'm taking OxyElite Pro
What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Reviewing old hair diary entries to see what worked for me back in the day.

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable?
Weekly

Last edited:

LaidBak

Wow, no updates to this thread in 3 weeks? Well, I am down 5lbs and my hair's 'weak side' has caught up nicely with the strong side. I'm sitting at an even SL now.

yokochick

I'm in need of some accountability. I've gotten really lazy with my weight loss and hair growth so by jumping on this thread I'm hoping to kick my butt back in gear.

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers):169 (started at 190)
Current hair length: Full neck to Shoulder length
Short-term weight loss goal: 165
Short-term hair goal: Have enough hair to bun.
Long-term weight loss goal: 120
Long-term hair goal: Brastrap or Midback length
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: There is a lot that I need to be doing that I'm too scared to do, so I suppose if I find a way to destroy that fear all my other goals will come to fruition.
What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Severely cut carb intake, calorie intake of 1000-1200, taking daily multivitamin, completing consistent workouts, keeping a journal
What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Heavy sealing with vaseline, protective styling (getting a new wig soon :grin:), consistent routine
How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? Every Sunday I will do updates

davisbr88

I've been completely ghost from LHCF in a while and from my weight loss journey!
I am getting back on track starting today, so I know I won't meet my original goal, but I am just going to aim for losing 25 pounds between now and my birthday on January 22.
The weight loss calculator said that I would need to intake 1144 calories per day in order to get there, which I think is a fair amount. I know I am supposed to have 1200, so I think I will eat 1200 and then really force myself to do some sort of exercise. For some reason, this never works out for me, but I really have to try. For now, I am going to try to do Walk away the Pounds and take it from there.
In order to be successful as I have been in the past, I will be using Sparkpeople again. I have gone back and forth with this site, and really think it is the best one. I'm BCurly88 in case anyone wants to friend me :)

yokochick

So I maintained my weight loss but I really didn't do anything to lose weight so I'm okay with that. I'm going to get back to really paying attention to my carb intake and moving around.
My hair is doing alright. I need to start braiding it up and wearing wigs because fall is coming up pretty quick. I think the right side of my hair is longer than the left...I'll probably give myself a trim around December because it's a bit aggravating.

LaidBak

So I had to trim a bit off the ends. So I'm still even, but sitting just above SL.
I was weighing myself on carpet and realized the weights were off. Im at 141lbs.
Still working out once or twice a day; treadmill, exercise DVDs, yoga.

davisbr88

Down 4 pounds since Monday :)
Plan to start a spinning class next week, and swimming a couple of times a week once the pool reopens mid-October.

yokochick

I'm closing in on 166 :) but I am having some other weird-ish issues happening. Food doesn't taste good anymore and I feel really full all the time. I think I should start incorporating fasting of some kind, but I'll wait until I research it some more. I've been walking around a lot more and found some workouts I think I would enjoy doing.

My hair isn't doing anything special. The weather is starting to change so I'll probably put some twists in for the week and buy some hair for future box braids.

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers):

Current hair length:
TWA

Short-term weight loss/BMI goal:
- 190 lbs by December 2011

Short-term hair goal:
- EL by December 2011

Long-term weight loss/BMI goal:

Long-term hair goal:
- SL

queenbree

I haven't posted here lately, but here's my update:

Weight loss: I started WW last Thursday, and I've lost 3.8 pounds since then. I've now lost about 7-8 pounds total since last month.

Hair: I am a little over 10 months post now & I'm getting sick of dealing with my hair. For the past couple days I've been wearing my hair in an old twist out puff. I'm thinking about getting a full sew-in w/ closure and/or BC-ing soon.

Oh and I straightened my hair recently. I noticed an increase in thickness, but not much of increase in length because my hair is breaking. I think these ends gotta go.

Raspberry

I'm in! I'll be back to update my stats. About to go to the gym...

I'm excited about getting back into shape, for whatever reason colder weather inspires me to work out. Also, my hair and nails grow like crazy when I'm doing high intensity cardio on a regular basis. My gyno recently told me that exercise and losing a little weight may help decrease my PMS and menstrual discomfort. So I have a good amount of motivation to jumpstart me :)

MangaManiac

I haven't updated in a while and due to moving, completing my dissertation, and starting another MA programme, I haven't really been keeping tabs on my hair or weight. I've just been ball parking what I should be doing and to my amazement it's worked!

I started at 195/6 (220 last winter) and now I'm 187! I haven't been in the 180s in YEARS, so I'm stoked! :grin:

Now, I've settled into my new place, the dissertation is done, and I'm accustomed to my new class schedule, so I can really start with the exercising effort. I'm joining a local community gym and I'm going to start doing Bikram yoga regularly again. I've started back with my Lose it! app and if I just do 30 minutes of working out a day I should be in the clear to lose 2 pounds a week!

Tomorrow starts a new beginning for me, so I am going to report back next week. I WILL have good news because I am DETERMINED! :yep:

davisbr88

I bought Just Dance 2 on Sunday. Best decision ever! I love it! It gets me moving and it's so fun since I love dancing. Had me sweating like a pig :)

queenbree

I bought Just Dance 2 on Sunday. Best decision ever! I love it! It gets me moving and it's so fun since I love dancing. Had me sweating like a pig :)

I love dancing too. I have Just Dance 2 also, and I played it a lot until I found my new love, Zumba for Wii. It's another great dancing game. I can't wait for Just Dance 3 or Zumba 2, though.

davisbr88

I love dancing too. I have Just Dance 2 also, and I played it a lot until I found my new love, Zumba for Wii. It's another great dancing game. I can't wait for Just Dance 3 or Zumba 2, though.

I didn't know Zumba was on Wii!
I've always wanted to do that. Oh lord... shouldn't have told me that!
Anyway, I'm 5 pounds down since last week :)