Wen AND Megatek users

cairopiper

Hi ladies,

Is there any one here who uses both WEN and Megatek in their weekly regimes? I've read really great reviews about both products individually so am going to buy them for my new regime in the new year and need advice on constructing a regime using them both.

I was thinking about using megatek neat (not mixed with anything) every day on scalp only, then using WEN to cleanse the hair once or twice a week. Maybe by wetting hair, applying WEN then leaving in like a DC (under hooded dryer for half hour or so), massaging hair, detangling then rinsing and using a little WEN again, as a leave in with a little CHI silk infusion, doing a pony rollerset and then blowing out the roots. Does this sound ok? Will the WEN provide all the moisture necessary as I understand when using megatek you need to make sure hair is moisturised. Will I need to moisturise hair on a daily basis and if so, any recommendations on a really good moisturiser?

I'm hoping to understand these products and put together a good regime so I can pass on the info to my brother as his hair is really thinning (male pattern baldness he thinks) so we're hoping the megatek will deal with that, and it's incredibly dry so I'm hoping the WEN will deal with that.

Sorry for the long post but I know you ladies are very nice and knowledgable and will help me find my way.
TIA
Cairo
x

Tamrin

unapologetic
I have been using WEN for the past 2 week now with Megatek. Its not bad. But you can find a cheaper alternative like a good moisturizing conditioner and Poo. Or even do a conditioner wash rather than shampoo. He may also want to try OCT for growth.

Toy

I use Megatek and Wen Fig Conditioner, I apply meagatek to the scalp every day or everyother day and i use Wen Twice a week for conditioning wash/deep cond.

HERicane10

I use the WEN knock-off Fiske Hair One from Sally's................its EXCELLENT by the way! :yep: I apply mega-tek nightly and use Hair One on Sun/Tues/ Thurs.

cairopiper

Thanks Longdayinthepark :) - have you used OCT? I don't know much about this product, is it used in the same way as megatek (on the scalp)? Is megatek for thickness and OCT for growth?

Toy - thanks so much for responding. Sounds like you're using the products in the way I thought to use them and your hair is gorgeous! :notworthy

HERIcane 10 - Thanks for your input. I'm not sure if I can get Fiske here in London but I'm definitely looking forward to using WEN soon. Sounds like you have a great plan too. :) How do you dry/style your hair on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Cairo
x
PS. sorry, don't know how to post quotes