WEN Flavors...Is there really a difference?

InBloom

In my new-growth
I know there are a lot of WEN threads, but I feel like my question is a little different and I didn't want to hijack someone else's.

Please don't stone me. :look:

Ok so..

I recall using WEN long before finding LHCF, and learning how to better care for my hair. Long before even knowing about co-washing at that.
So, I got my hands on some WEN back then, and FIG is the one I used. My hair was a pixie cut back then and I HATED WEN with a passion. It just sat on my head and made it hard.

Fast forward to recent years...WEN is still going strong with some new flavors. I have been open to cleansing conditioners nowadays and have a newfound interest in WEN, and WEN (ish) type products. I tried Hair One in a few flavors. I honestly can't seem to differentiate between them. I get the same result. I like it, but I don't LOVE it. Right?

But then I've seen where people say NOTHING compares to actual WEN. I dunno about that, but I'm curious again. I figure that I could probably get more out of it now than I did before I had a clue about my own hair.

Here's my question.....

Is there REALLY a difference between the different flavors? There's a coconut one, a mango one, a vanilla mint-sumthin-or-other and something about 613 or 619 numbered deal?

Anyway, please share experiences with the different flavors of WEN and how they affect your finished hair style.

My palms are itching to sashay over to Sephora and pick up a bottle of WEN something today. :yep:

TIA!

omnipadme

I think so- I adore the sweet almond mint, but my hair didn't do well with the fig or pomegranate. I had A LOT of shedding with the fig. You may want to try a sample set and see what works best for you.

InBloom

In my new-growth
B U M P I N G for responses!

I resisted the urge to buy anything because WEN prices are nothing to play with.

SunnyHoney

Just stumbled upon this thread. O0 if you're still interested, I'll add my 2 cents:

I didn't believe the wen hype...until I tried it. Now I'm addicted. I started with sweet almond mint, as most people do (and should). It's lusciously thick and I liked it a lot. Then I tried pomegranate on my sister's recommendation and LOVED it. It's not as thick and leaves my hair silkier. Honestly, it had a slimy feel to it, but it makes it so that I put any kind of comb or brush through it like it's silk. Decided to retry sweet almond and realized that of the two, I prefer pomegranate for my daily use, but I like to use the SWeet almond mint to mix it up for what feels like a deeper clean. I haven't tried the others yet. My sis says the lavender made her hair poofy. I think those with thicker hair may like the slimming effect of pomegranate. My hair is actually thin, but I like the feel. I think sweet almond would be the most versatile and work for most hair types. They both smell amazing, but overly strong.

InBloom

In my new-growth
Just stumbled upon this thread. O0 if you're still interested, I'll add my 2 cents:

I didn't believe the wen hype...until I tried it. Now I'm addicted. I started with sweet almond mint, as most people do (and should). It's lusciously thick and I liked it a lot. Then I tried pomegranate on my sister's recommendation and LOVED it. It's not as thick and leaves my hair silkier. Honestly, it had a slimy feel to it, but it makes it so that I put any kind of comb or brush through it like it's silk. Decided to retry sweet almond and realized that of the two, I prefer pomegranate for my daily use, but I like to use the SWeet almond mint to mix it up for what feels like a deeper clean. I haven't tried the others yet. My sis says the lavender made her hair poofy. I think those with thicker hair may like the slimming effect of pomegranate. My hair is actually thin, but I like the feel. I think sweet almond would be the most versatile and work for most hair types. They both smell amazing, but overly strong.

Thank you for the breakdown, extremely helpful

sckri23

I liked the wen almond mint it cleaned without feeling stripped but this hair one I tried yesterday it felt worse than shampoo I had to dc today to fix the dryness.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
There's other wonderful cleansing conditioners out there (in no particular order):

Curl Junkie's Daily Fix
Hairveda's Amala Cleanse
Darcy's Botancials Daily Cleansing Conditioner
Deva Curl No Poo
Bear Fruit Hair's Yarrow or Cottonseed Cleansing Conditioner
Hydroquench Systems Cleansing Conditioners *ETSY*
Naturelle Grow Cleansing Conditioner *ETSY*
Claudie's Revitalizer Jojoba Cleansing & Claudie's 3 n 1 Cleansing
As I Am's Cleansing Pudding OR As I Am's Coconut Cowash
Jessicurl's Too Shea! (listed as a cleansing conditioner)

So there are definitely other options too.

JJamiah

I find that the formulas work different. The SAM is great and yes I feel everyone should start there. I didn't feel a heavy moisturizing from it but it felt conditioning. THe Fig on the other hand leaves moisture, I got a little shedding but that stopped. 613 is the meanest, badest, best darn Cotton tooting Hair CLeanser around.

Amerie2304

TOTALLY - I tried the much raved about Fig and I didn't get the hype at all. Then I decided to try the Pumpkin Spice and I was hooked!

JJamiah

Oh Yeah, I tried Ginger Pumpkin too and my hair no likey. I thought the 613 would be a duh since people compare them both, but I think the GP is heavier for my hair then the 613. BOTH though are very moisturizing.

SunnyHoney

JJamiah said:
I find that the formulas work different. The SAM is great and yes I feel everyone should start there. I didn't feel a heavy moisturizing from it but it felt conditioning. THe Fig on the other hand leaves moisture, I got a little shedding but that stopped. 613 is the meanest, badest, best darn Cotton tooting Hair CLeanser around.

Yes, I agree with thar assessment of the SAM. I think I'll try the fig next, but I have post partum shedding and if that were to increase I might go crazy! Lol

Ok, I've been eyeing the 613...hmmm gotta try it now. Please, JJamiah, do tell more about it....

SunnyHoney

Oh, and I had a typo, I meant to say that of the ones I've tried, they smell amazing and are NOT overly strong. (This iPad, keeps changing my typing!)

JJamiah

^^^ I hate that my Nexus 7 does the same thing :nono:

Well the 613 just melts your hair, it provides a super conditioning cleaning and my curls sucked it up like a sponge. It smells great, feels great, I just can't see myself without it at this point. LOL
It is hard to explain, I just love it so much... If I had the $$$ I'd get some and send everyone little bottles of it :giggle:
Chaz has put his foot in this one. It tops all the Regular Wen flavors to me that I have tried **** Mind you I own lots but only tried 3 flavors and then the 613 so a total of 4.

I won't tell you the OJON and the 613 are a MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN! I won't tell you that. :look: :curtain: :giggle:

SunnyHoney

Honi

There is no board.
I have the almond mint and 613. Its different for me. 613 is more cleansing no slip and the almond has a little more moisture minimal slip but heres the thing. After using them only for cleansing, my conditioners work lovely. TJ nourish spa did nothing for me and now when i use it i have roota toota slip at 20 weeks. Same wirh my others. I really like em.

candita

yes, the are definitely different. I loved all but the Lavendar, it wasn't as soft and buttery as the others. But the fig gives moisture like no other. The 613 smells wonderful and just melts into my hair. The Ginger Pumpkin, Pomegranate, Mango Coconut are soy based and def have a different feel to them. I'm totally on the WEN train, I'm anti other versions of the cleansing conditioner. I paid for the Hair One conditioner and damn near threw it against the wall, that mess did not make my hair easy to comb and manageable at all.

SunnyHoney

I won't tell you the OJON and the 613 are a MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN! I won't tell you that. :look: :curtain: :giggle:

SunnyHoney

ooh girl, stop it! I'm a recovering pj...I've been clean of trying new products since Nov 2011, so if I fall off the wagon it's because of this thread! ...but I'm sure one lil' old purchase wouldn't hurt, right?...:look:

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
I've used SAM, Fig, and 613. Honestly, on my hair I didn't notice a difference between them. They all worked well for me. I used each one for 60 days to decide which one I wanted to stick with. They all work best if you leave them on at least 20 min or more. I'm ridin' with Fig.

InBloom

In my new-growth
I've used SAM, Fig, and 613. Honestly, on my hair I didn't notice a difference between them. They all worked well for me. I used each one for 60 days to decide which one I wanted to stick with. They all work best if you leave them on at least 20 min or more. I'm ridin' with Fig.

Why the Fig of the three you chose? You didn't notice a difference between any of them? Fig your choice because of scent? Curious.

InBloom

In my new-growth
I have the almond mint and 613. Its different for me. 613 is more cleansing no slip and the almond has a little more moisture minimal slip but heres the thing. After using them only for cleansing, my conditioners work lovely. TJ nourish spa did nothing for me and now when i use it i have roota toota slip at 20 weeks. Same wirh my others. I really like em.

That's good stuff to know. Thanks

sckri23

Im gonna try hair one again maybe my hair wasnt dirty enough last time.

Btw I wanna leave shampoos alone so has anyone tried wen as a neutralizing treatment after relaxers

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

cutenss

^^^ I hate that my Nexus 7 does the same thing :nono:

Well the 613 just melts your hair, it provides a super conditioning cleaning and my curls sucked it up like a sponge. It smells great, feels great, I just can't see myself without it at this point. LOL
It is hard to explain, I just love it so much... If I had the $$$ I'd get some and send everyone little bottles of it :giggle:
Chaz has put his foot in this one. It tops all the Regular Wen flavors to me that I have tried **** Mind you I own lots but only tried 3 flavors and then the 613 so a total of 4.

SunnyHoney

JJamiah Ok, if you won't tell her, then tell me :look: I can keep a secret :grin: I love WEN, 613 and I love the Ojon oil. How are they a match?

BadMamaJama

I'm hella mad this wasn't bumped for me to see this when he had bogo on Sat. I thought Fig was the only one to start with.

tenderheaded

I've tried ginger pumpkin, 613, pomegranate, winter vm, fig. Ginger pumpkin got me on the Wen train. (getting seasonals on auto delivery) The scent of 613 sent me to heaven, and did good things for my hair. That winter vanilla mint is the bomb diggity too. With these plus the replenishing mist I had a beautiful 22 week stretch, with wearing a wig as I'm usually forced to do.

I so wanted the fig to work, but I developed an itchy rash where it ran down my neck.

sunnieb

Okay WEN you pushas, especially JJamiah :look:, that 613 is 61 bucks!

Um, not this month. The ladies in the Dave Ramsey Challenge have trained me well. I'll buy some as a Christmas present to myself in a few months, but tonight? :nono2:

I purchased my beloved WEN fig as planned and that's it. Thank you kindly and good night.

:lol:

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
InBloom Just because that's what I had on autoship already, the fig. I tried the others well because I was a pj lol and I wanted to sample some of the others. I started with SAM then switched to Fig and just recently finished up trying 613.

SunnyHoney

Okay WEN you pushas, especially JJamiah :look:, that 613 is 61 bucks!

Um, not this month. The ladies in the Dave Ramsey Challenge have trained me well. I'll buy some as a Christmas present to myself in a few months, but tonight? :nono2:

:lol:

sunnieb, you took the words RIGHT out of my mouth! :lol:

Went to buy some 613, and that ish was over $60! Then I had the same thought as you: it sounds like more of a Christmas gift to myself. Then I thought "aw man, what if I get it for Christmas, and fall in love? I can't support that kind of addiction all year! :blush:"

I cowash daily, and the regular wen is already running up my tab. I'm almost scared to try the 613.

hola_lo2002

I just recently fell on the Wen bandwagon!!! I bought the Fig and I like it!!! I still use regular shampoo 1x week to prevent buildup but it's great as a conditionner and cowash. I find that my curls are more defined when I use Wen :) . Thanks to a youtuber, I just purchased December's TSV from QVC which is a nice giftset that includes all 4 seasonal scents (16 oz each) plus the pomegranate (16 oz) for 79.96$ Can't wait to try them!!!

Now, for those used to purchase Wen, was there a sale last year in december for the 613?? Thanks for replying