Wen for $10!!!

berryblack

I found a deal for a 5 piece gift set of Sweet Almond Wen for $9.95 with free shipping! You get the cleansing conditioner, styling creme, hydrating mask, texture balm and a wide tooth comb!

The fine print is that this is a subscription type plan. You have to cancel it before your 30 day trial is over or you will be charged $29.95. So make sure you call to cancel! These deals don't last long---the last time I missed it. The people that did order it (on another forum) said they got their gift set quickly and they canceled their subscription with no problems...

Wen

CityGirlLuv

The hair mask has MIT (methylisothiazolinone) in it. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but from what I read, it causes nerve damage. I've heard both positive and negative things about WEN products. How were yalls experiences with it?

LaFemmeNaturelle

The hair mask has MIT (methylisothiazolinone) in it. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but from what I read, it causes nerve damage. I've heard both positive and negative things about WEN products. How were yalls experiences with it?

Everything causes something unfortunately. MIT is a common product in alot of products. Specifically Suave products and the old Creme of natures (dont know about the new). I'm not worried about it I just trust in God. I've also never used Wen before.

MiWay

Oh wow.

I ordered that package a while back, and the only things I really liked were the cleansing con and the styling creme. The mask was kind of dry to me, and didn't seem to do anything for my hair. The balm did absolutely nothing. The styling creme isn't bad at all; it left my hair moisturized and easy to detangle. The cleansing con worked well for cleansing, moisturizing and detangling. I did get some serious dandruff in the beginning, which is completely abnormal for me, but once I clarified (which was immediately), it was gone.

lwilliams1922

I use wen fig cc

I cant say I liked the mask. It wasn't love at first sight and I thought it was over priced.

The styling cream is ok. I have not tried the balm but I do want to try the sweet almond CC.

LaFemmeNaturelle

IF you all are believe in peer-reviewed journals (I know some don't), I just looked up MIT in my schools database and found nothing related to MIT causing nerve damage. Most of the articles were about MIT being an allergen and about the concentration levels MIT can be safely used in cosmetics. Just passing this along.

berryblack

I have the sweet almond cleansing conditioner and styling creme I like the cleansing con. I haven't used the styling creme enough to form an opinion, though...

Prudent1

I've tried the Fig, Lavendar, and Tea tree earlier in my HHJ. I did not have any negative problems but decided not to repurchase once I got the concept of CW-ing. I have nothing against the products, even got my mom some, but I didn't feel like the price was justified.

freecurl

I wish they had this trial in Fig or Pomegranate.

I recently used the Wen Sweet Almond Mint that I purchased over a year ago, and I had one of the best wngs I've ever had. For $10 I think its at least worth trying if you haven't before.:yep:

Coffee

I heard that you have a difficult time cancelling your subscription, so just be aware. They are always running a plan like this.

berryblack

I heard that you have a difficult time cancelling your subscription, so just be aware. They are always running a plan like this.

I'm always nervous when there is an offer with a trial plan, but the people on the other forum said their cancellations were swift and problem free:

if you are interested in trying it just cancel after you get the product. it was very easy for me to cancel... i didn't wait on the phone for very long when i had to cancel and they were very polite.

i've cancelled with them before after i got my wen and had no problems phoning in. you can cancel at any time. that was my experience with them.

just called and canceled the order. took about less than 2 minute. Told the rep, it was for a gift.and the rep asked if I want to try their other great products and told her I use cheap V8 shampoos.

Called customer service today and was on and off the phone in 2:03 canceling my future shipments. Pretty painless. She asked my why we were canceling and I said it was a product my wife wanted to try but would likely not use in the future. She asked if there was anything else she could do, I said no, and that was it.

FYI. We ordered on January 4th and the product arrived January 12th.

This person does claim the customer service may try to haggle you, though:

Its not TOO bad. Not like an hour on the phone or anything, just irritating argueing. Some cust svc reps are worse than others. (I've done this several times obviously) Good luck.

Btw, the comb sounds nicer than I thought:

I'm black with course hair. I liked everything except the styling creme. It made my hair hard. I love the texture balm. It really works well when I flatiron my hair, but the Wen stuff doesn't wash it out very well. It doesn't wash out any oil based product very well. It's worth a try, but the texture balm is the only thing I continue to buy right now. I was thinking of ordering the hydrating mask. I liked it.

Someone mentioned the comb. It's actually a very nice comb. LOL It has a nice feel to it. It's heavy. It's not your average drugstore comb. It doesn't get slippery when you're combing your hair while it's wet.

Anyway, I ordered it, so I'm crossing my fingers that it will be problem free!

empressri

And this is the very scam that I've seen with WEN time and time again where they dont cancel it and keep charging you and shipping you product after you repeatedly call them and cancel the subscription.

It's a $10 that will cost you 100x that in the long run. I've seen countless threads on here and a bunch of other boards about folks getting their money taken from them.

Run forest run!

babyu21

I just had a moment of weakness, I think it has passed and I will stick to the no buy challenge I signed up for.

lwilliams1922

And this is the very scam that I've seen with WEN time and time again where they dont cancel it and keep charging you and shipping you product after you repeatedly call them and cancel the subscription.

It's a $10 that will cost you 100x that in the long run. I've seen countless threads on here and a bunch of other boards about folks getting their money taken from them.

Run forest run!

Thanks for the heads up!

In the past when I had an issue like that I called my bank and got a new card/number.

lwilliams1922

I got my package in the mail last night. I made myself call to stop the trial BEFORE I even used the products. -They were nice and wanted to know if there was anything they could do. I said no and they removed me with any problems.

I am excited about it. It a great little set for $10. Heck, seems like I pay that much for just shipping on other products.

I actually have wen fig on auto ship from qvc. I like it a lot. I use it to co wash and it the warmer months I also use it has a leave in. I'm looking forward to trying this scent and the other products.

berryblack

I got mine yesterday, as well. I immediately called to cancel and the service rep was very nice. She did ask why didn't I want to continue. Anyway, they give you a confirmation code at the end.

Of course, after Empressri's post, I will be watching my account!

JJamiah

:) BIG THANKS to OP THank you thank you thank you :) My sister thanks you too!

I did continue my membership :)
Canceled with no problems but did call to put it on a 6 month 3 month supply schedule no issues awesome.