WEN Healthy Hair Care System

MrsHouston

Has anyone heard of this or used it. I saw it on QVC recently. The creator of the product claims you can clean your hair w/o shampoo...this product contains natural oil and conditioners to clean your hair. (Sounds like oil rinsing and CW:grin: It's also suppose to be good for all hair types. $29.95

http://www.wenhaircare.com/index.php?acnt=GHZZD000

http://www.qvc.com/cgen/render.aspx?qp=class|J054

charmtreese

I love WEN, I use the wen fig cc to cleanse my hair and scalp, condition, deep condition, detangle, and as a leave in. Actually Im dc with my WEN right now. For me this is the best product eva!!!:yep:

MrsHouston

Thanks for your review.

I told DH I wanted to try it...he was like, "Find out what LHCF thinks first"...I'm like oh no he didn't:grin:

Moroni

Has anyone heard of this or used it. I saw it on QVC recently. The creator of the product claims you can clean your hair w/o shampoo...this product contains natural oil and conditioners to clean your hair. (Sounds like oil rinsing and CW:grin: It's also suppose to be good for all hair types. $29.95

http://www.wenhaircare.com/index.php?acnt=GHZZD000

http://www.qvc.com/cgen/render.aspx?qp=class|J054

Sorry, haven't heard of it, but I just had to tell you that is the sweetest little baby! Just so happy...CONGRATULATIONS! :grin:

tkj25

i just saw the infommercial on lifetime. it looks very promising :grin: it basically looks like what we advocate here -- no-pooing -- but now its product marketed as such. i ordered some & we'll see how it goes ... :yep: the product junky in me just couldn't pass this up w/o at least a try :grin::grin::grin:

Last edited:

stryed

I picked up this conditioner over a month ago. It's okay but nowhere near as good as AO Honeysuckle or Elucence. I don't use it at all and would return it (if I could) because the smell is just horrible to me (smoky and sweet at the same time...just awful).

tkj25

well i finally got my order today -- i ordered saturday -- and overall i'd have to give wen -- the products -- a thumbs up, but wen -- the price & company policies -- the big thumbs down. let me explain ...

pros:

love the whole philosophy behind the line. basically a haircare system built around layered, moisturising, products -- starting with a cleansing conditioner as a foundation -- basically a no-poo/conditioner-wash system.

the ingredients are nice -- botanical, moisturising -- not 100% natural like aubrey, but more demi-natural like aveda -- botanical ingredients with some chemical/preservatives added.

the cleansing conditioner worked well. even though i'm not a fan of mint, the tingle on my scalp was quite nice. i no-poo'd with it, let it marinate @ 5 mins then rinsed it out. i then applied a little as a leave in. it gave really good slip. i then layered the styling creme & re-moist. detangling was a breeze.

my hair takes forever and a day to air dry, but so far so good. it feels super soft & hydrated. I'm really impressed. it definitely delivered on its promises of moisture, sheen & manageability.

cons:
the main drawback is the price. the 16 oz conditioner regularly sells for $28. in the infommercial, for $30 bucks i received the sweet almond mint cleansing conditioner, the styling creme, the re-moist intensive hair repair mask, & the texture balm -- which is a good deal, but for $30 i could get 1.5 aubrey rosa mosquetas, 5 aussie moists or 10 trader joe's nourish spas!!! :grin::grin::grin: don't get me wrong, this is definitely a good product system, and worth the occassional splurge, but for the money i can get the same results no-pooing with my staples.
the other con is with my order i was automatically signed up to be charged for new shipments every 30 days. maybe if they'd been upfront about this from the get go, i'd be less annoyed, but to do this for products that i'd never tried before, and wasn't sure if i'd even like, and to not inform you beforehand, i found this a little underhanded. that said, i'll be giving them a not-so-nice call tomorrow. :nono:

but overall i'd still say wen is a great hair system that delivers on moisture, conditioning & softness ... but the price will keep this one in my splurge pile, not my staples.

http://www.wenhaircare.com/

wen key ingredients:

WEN® Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat, Protein, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum, Limonene.

WEN® Sweet Almond Mint Styling Crème
Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citral, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool.

WEN® Sweet Almond Mint Re-Moist Intensive Hair Repair Mask
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol,Glyceri, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Menthol, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Annatto (CI 75120).

WEN® Sweet Almond Mint Texture Balm
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Paraffin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Sorbitan Oleate, Propylparaben, Canola Oil Glyceride, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Citric Acid, TBHQ, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.

Glycerin: provides moisturizing benefits to the hair. One of the best humectants and has natural moisturizing properties.
Chamomile Extract: designed to help add sheen and highlights. Used for its soothing, calming properties.
Cherry Bark: designed to bring out color, shine & softness in all shades of natural and color-treated hair. Formulated to help with the manageability of your hair.
Rosemary Extract: designed to condition, tone and strengthen hair. Is an invigorating toner and astringent.
Panthenol: helps to promote and restore resilience. A penetrating moisturizer that plumps the hair shaft to make it appear thicker. Designed to reduce split ends, smooth, strengthen and seal in moisture.
Sweet almond oil: designed to contribute conditioning and glide to hair, as well as a conditioned feel to the skin. Softens, soothes and is an excellent moisturizer for the hair.

Last edited:

**WonderWoman**

I REALLY LIKE WEN! I have so many products that serve different purposes. This is my one product that detangles, softens & hydrates my hair when I'm stretching. Using this product after my oil rinse has been heaven to my hair. I dont even get the usual breakage when I airdry.

The tingle i feel when it's settling in my hair while i shower is AWESOME. Plus, I love the ingredients...very good must for a dry winter.

But, Yes. It is pricey.

charmtreese

tkj25- it is a little pricey but if you buy if from qvc its a little cheaper. I've ordered from chaz deans website as well and I have found their customer service to be pretty decent. They left something out of my shipment and I had to send an email, however they shipped my missing item next day.

I use the fig and I just recently ordered the tea tree, lavender, and fig trio cleansing conditioners. Unfortunately, I was unable to get the same results from using cheaper conditioners that I get when I use WEN, so I had to add the price of WEN into my budget. I still like AO however I use my AO conditioners much less now.

ETA: This is the website I normally visit to order WEN if I'm not ordering from qvc. https://www.chazdeanstore.com/

Last edited:

charmtreese

I picked up this conditioner over a month ago. It's okay but nowhere near as good as AO Honeysuckle or Elucence. I don't use it at all and would return it (if I could) because the smell is just horrible to me (smoky and sweet at the same time...just awful).

It looks like you tried the sweet almond, I've never used this one. He suggest that if you have medium to coarse, wavy to curly, and ethnic hairto use the fig, lavender or tea tree. The sweet almond mint is suggested to be used on fine to medium hair.

MrsHouston

Thanks for the reviews ladies...I knew the LHCF ladies would give good reviews. I've really been trying hard to use up my other products before buying more...but come January...I'm throwing stuff out in the garbage.

AFashionSlave

Sheesh! I am so late. I just found out about the wen system last night.
My routine has been working well for years, but I'm getting the itch to try something new.

Is it worth the money?