Wen on weave

kaytorry

My mother wanted to try wen, and she has a sew-in weave, but her stylist said that it isn't good to use wen on weave. Is this true? has anyone used Wen on a sew in? if so, please share your experience. Thanks in advance.

hothair

I'm baffled. Unless as PP mentioned its something to do with the cost. I never had any problems using Wen on weave

Blue_Berry

It depends on the type of hair. I wouldn't recommend trying it on synthetic, milkway, or certain types of human hair. Those kind of hair can tangle and matt up. It should depend on the hair she has install. Some human hair brands are good like Premium Now. Usually you get an amazing experience washing with remy and virgin hair.

Tiye

Wen is like conditioner washing. A lot of human hair extensions don't do well with too much conditioner - it weighs the hair down and then it doesn't look good. Extensions aren't attached to the scalp so they don't need the same things your own hair needs. So i'd use the wen for my own hair and regular shampoo + diluted conditioner for the weave.

MzPrince

I don't see where it should be a problem as long as the weave is human hair. Just do a test patch if you're not too certain.

Southern Belle

Aside from it being hella expensive (not to mention pointless) to use Wen on weave (it'd be like taking a rental car in and paying for a full servicing, oil change, a wash and wax before you turn it back in).

I don't think it would hurt it though, if that's what you're asking...

kaytorry

Thanks so much ladies, I tell you, and I truly mean this... I am seriously pondering the idea of taking some cosmetology classes so I can do my own tex-laxing, and do my mothers weaving so we can leave the salon alone for good! I'm tired of my mother and I having to deal with half-ash info along with overpriced services.