Wendy Williams' Real Hair!!

Whisper

OH yes!! She has spoke about her hair on her show plenty of times. Her and Charlamagne were talking about how long her natural hair was like one month ago. She mentioned that her hair was 'to her bra strap'. I presumed she meant (shoulder brastrap) :lachen: but she surprised me today as she is bra strap. She always says that she takes thickness over length, hence the clip ins and ponytails.

My mother and my friend have Thyroid disease. My friends hair used to be mega thick,but now it's not due to the condition :nono:. My mother gets a body wave and rocks a short cut, tapered in the back because her hair was so bad after her diagnosis.:sad:

Last edited:

charmtreese

Wow, she has some long hair. My hair is thin....so, I guess it will appear damaged at longer lengths also:ohwell: No matter Im gonna rock it anyways:look:

poetist

wendy has long hair. sure it may be a bit thin because of a MEDICAL condition she has, but this is the long hair care forum. not the long beautifully thick perfectly styled hair care forum.

for people to still come out with negative things to say about her... what are you really thinking about some of the ladies here that post pics? not everyone is blessed with thick hair; some people have thinning hair regardless of how well they treat it.

go 'head wendy with your long hair! it'd be nice to have that length.

You already know. Its the same thing when it comes to looks. We find everything wrong with celebs, but let a member post a pic and everyones telling her she's America's Next Top Model.:rolleyes:

cmw45

Is it me, or does it look scraggly?:perplexed

I was thinking the same thing...but didn't want to be a hater. You're a doll so if you were thinking that then I think I'm okay.

@pookie....I'm sorry if a member posted a picture of their hair looking like that I probably just wouldn't comment. As in, just not say anything at all. I know I know. I shouldn't say it but it's the truth. Her hair is a very nice length...but medical condition or not...information I don't think was included in the original post...I think how thin here hair is partly due to the fact that it is double processed.

Last edited:

Fine 4s

I find it interesting that so many were skeptical that this could be her real hair. We all know the benefits of protective styling...which is what Wendy's hairpieces are.

Not to mention all the negative comments about it looking "fried." The pictures are hardly large enough to see how healthy it is.

Some of us would kill for that length AND as a natural - you can't help what God gave you right?

Makes me second guess some of the "niceties" that go on around here when members update fotki's and post new pics....

I like your thinking...
Ladies, when I get it together and finally post a pic, please don't play nice with me, give it to me straight! If my stuff looks scraggly, thin let me know!

You, most people accept 'niceties' much better than honesties.

Transformer

First, I've never heard of Wendy Williams but I'm not hating...just some observations.

Second, I'm sure she has her reasons for keeping her hair long, but truthfully there are a lot of shorter cuts that will give her a fuller length. My grandmother had waist length hair that thinned badly but she wouldn't cut it for religious reasons.

Third, I'm very knowlegeable of thyroid conditions that do cause a lot of women to suffer thinning hair, high blood pressure will do the same.

Finally, I can't believe how bleached it looks. Regardless of medical issues I'm sure that bleaching isn't helping the overall health of scalp and hair.

NewYorkgyrl

truthfully there are a lot of shorter cuts that will give her a fuller length.

IMO hair cuts only appear to make your hair look thicker for about a week or so. That is one reason why there is that myth that if you trim your hair very frequently then you can have thick hair. And that myth has been proven false in many threads on this forum.

GO WENDY!!! I think that the number one thing that she needs to do is to dye it a darker color. Highlights and bleach jobs can really make a person's hair look more damaged than it is (if it is even damaged at all).

Then she needs to leave the Dominicans alone!!!!!!!!

And of course keep eating healthy drink lots of water and then get help for her thryoid problem.

Hmmmm maybe she should try the henna :yep:
Oh and castor oil on her scalp.

angellazette

Well good for her! She could probably do without the bleaching since she has a thryoid issue already causing her hair to be naturally thin. At any rate, good for her cause I sure wish my hair was that length!

Britt

You already know. Its the same thing when it comes to looks. We find everything wrong with celebs, but let a member post a pic and everyones telling her she's America's Next Top Model.:rolleyes:

But of course :rolleyes:. Glad i'm not the only one that has noticed this.

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
Her hair looks really thin and damaged :ohwell:. I think she's been coloring her hair too much and not caring for it under all those massive weaves.

BrooklynSouth

Wendy is cool, admits to being the way she is for her show's 'enrichment' but still attends P.T.A.,bakes cookies for her son's school bake days, loves her husband despite his faults, wishes for her sister's full, long hair, knows she has '1noodle' long hair. Wendy is real when she wants to be; she's the first to tell her own negatives. I admire her for showing the real hair and is trying to gain hair health as well as physical health. DR {no}MIRACLES may not be the best method but she is trying. The woman pumping DR. MIRACLES was promoting the product as a cure all:rolleyes:.

chebaby

like someone else said i think it would look much better if it was a darker color. but it is long and if it wasn't for the thin-ness lol i would be drooling. and to think she prolly isn't even trying
haterssaywhat

graCeful_89

Wow its long but unhealthy looking. She needs some LHCF. Her kid goes to school with my best friend's little sisters. Shes...interesting in person to say the least...I mean, I could easily go up to her and say hey I saw you online with your hair and heard you wanted it to be thicker..BUT i won't. Shes really rude to my friend's mother. (till she found out she was head of the p.t.a or something like that - now shes all buddy buddy):rolleyes:

Last edited:

Emmy

it is me but...why is her hair really short on the sides and really long in the back? and why is the color different in the back?

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
She's soo gross.
Do you mean her look or her personality?

I like Wendy and I miss hearing her in Philly!! C'mon ladies, her face has nothing to do with her hair. I see people calling her ugly and stuff... that's messed up- no one's perfect:nono: I wouldn't be suprised if it was hers. Maybe, like a lot of the longer-haired women on here- we are our own worst critic. Maybe she never brags because she feels because of the thinness or whatever other reason, her hair is nothing to brag about. :clapping: GO WENDY!!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
like someone else said i think it would look much better if it was a darker color. but it is long and if it wasn't for the thin-ness lol i would be drooling. and to think she prolly isn't even trying
haterssaywhat
ITA, darker colors do make hair look thicker. I LOVE the length. She probably doesn't even try because she's not interested in wearing it out (w/o extensions) because she hates the shape of her hair. She does need LHCF...:yep: Could you imagine how much better her hair would be if she paid as much attention to it as she does diets? It would probably be behind her knee caps by now:grin:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Why if she so pale?
She's always been pale, she wears lots of make up to cover that up. I love Wendy, but I HATE that bright pink lipstick she wears...:ohwell:

I don't mean to be acting like I know her or anything... I think I'm going through withdrawl from not being able to hear her radio show:sad:

I'll shut up about Wendy now...:look:

brittanynic16

I'm confused. Am I the only one who sees the obvious breakage? The hair above her shoulder is 5 times thicker that the hair below it. I don't think it looks very good. I don't think there is any thing cute about broken hair. I've seen members post pictures like that and I didn't think it looked good either. Maybe the people who posted those positive comments aren't the same ones posting that they don't think her hair is attractive.

Tee

Wow, I had no idea her hair was that long. I think if she stopped the blowouts and just did rollersets/maybe blow out the root it would look nicer. It's not perfect, but it's not easy getting hair to waistlength AND maintain the thickness. Oh, and that color is not helping her at all...I agree black hair would make her hair look a lot healthier.
:yep: I agree with the bold.

fluffylocks

I'm confused. Am I the only one who sees the obvious breakage? The hair above her shoulder is 5 times thicker that the hair below it. I don't think it looks very good. I don't think there is any thing cute about broken hair. I've seen members post pictures like that and I didn't think it looked good either. Maybe the people who posted those positive comments aren't the same ones posting that they don't think her hair is attractive.

Yeah i see it.

I think she should trim the broken shoulder area straight so the ends arent jagged, and cut all of her hair that length, or make it so the longer thinner area is not so signifigantly longer----i've seen alot of people whose lower region of the hair grows faster than the top (verus the top and bottom growing even or top faster which is more desirable)

Then dye it black, protien treatment, deepconditon, rollerest.

Sugarhoney

Why does she look like Tyrone Biggums from the chapelle show? What is up with her 'Pookie from New Jack City' lips? She looks like a crackhead. Is this what Thyroids do? Her hairline looks so pushed back. I hope Dr. Miracle works for her. Her hair is long, though.:lachen:

FlawedBeauty

IDK WHY MOST PPL ARE BEING SO NEGATIVE. I'M SURE IF I JUST TOOK A BUNCH OF HAIR EXENSIONS OUTTA MY HAIR TO SHOW SOME ONE MY MESS WOULD BE LOOKIN ROUGH TOO. EVERYONE IS ACTIN LIKE SHE TOOK THESE PICTURES TO SHOW HER LONG BEAUTIFUL HAIR OR SOMETHING...IF SHE WENT TO THE SALON OR SOMETHING AND HAD IT DONE IM SURE IT WOULD LOOK 100x better (just realized i had CAPS lock on and not typin all that over lol) than after just pullin it from under her weave. i'm not even gonna front, i have seen some messed up heads in here and ppl posting sayin 'ohh great progress' or other stuff knowin good and durn well they are prolly hittin post and thinkin the same things posted in this thread right now.

i have to ask, if this was an LHCF member and she just posted these same pics in a thread titled: "i just made waist length, woohoo!!!" would we be seeing any of these comments being posted right now? I highly doubt it, all we would see is a bunch of posts congratulating her on her length I'm sure :rolleyes:

bravenewgirl87

IDK WHY MOST PPL ARE BEING SO NEGATIVE. I'M SURE IF I JUST TOOK A BUNCH OF HAIR EXENSIONS OUTTA MY HAIR TO SHOW SOME ONE MY MESS WOULD BE LOOKIN ROUGH TOO. EVERYONE IS ACTIN LIKE SHE TOOK THESE PICTURES TO SHOW HER LONG BEAUTIFUL HAIR OR SOMETHING...IF SHE WENT TO THE SALON OR SOMETHING AND HAD IT DONE IM SURE IT WOULD LOOK 100x better (just realized i had CAPS lock on and not typin all that over lol) than after just pullin it from under her weave. i'm not even gonna front, i have seen some messed up heads in here and ppl posting sayin 'ohh great progress' or other stuff knowin good and durn well they are prolly hittin post and thinkin the same things posted in this thread right now.

i have to ask, if this was an LHCF member and she just posted these same pics in a thread titled: "i just made waist length, woohoo!!!" would we be seeing any of these comments being posted right now? I highly doubt it, all we would see is a bunch of posts congratulating her on her length I'm sure :rolleyes:

Ooooo looord!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: