Went to Cathy Howse's Seminar...

ricochet

Went to Cathy Howse\'s Seminar...

Hey ladies...I don't get to post that often but I just thought I would pop in and give you ladies an update on the Cathy Howse seminar that I attended about a month and a half ago. First, she is a beautiful woman and has gorgeous skin and a beautiful smile. From her pictures, it looks as if she has lost weight and it looks good on her. Her hair is about bra strap length now(in the back) and about chest level in the front and very thick and healthy looking. I can tell she still does not trim because her ends were kind of uneven.(But then again, that is her philosophy
wink.gif
) She had her hair styled in what looked like a dominican blow out. It was very fluffy, had lots of body and was straight with slightly turned under ends. She stated that she does not use heat, only when she is giving one of her seminars. I can't remember how she said she wears her hair the majority of the time. She said pretty much everything in her book and she also announced that she was coming out with her new moisturizing product(whick I think one of the ladies has mentioned recently here on the board). Anyway, she is very adamant about no trimming and moisturizing, moisturizing, moisturizing. She states that washing our hair at least once a week is mandatory.(whick we all know) I asked a ? about exercise and massaging the scalp stimulating growth, she stated "not a requirement." Another lady asked about essential oils, she stated "not a requirement." Other questions came up about growth stimulators, protective styling, etc. Again, her responses were "not necessary." She was also very adamant about Aphogee protein treatments when you see signs of breakage(if you have a relaxer). I have never used it relaxed or natural so I don't have any comment on it. She also stated that relaxing too often can result in damage as well.(Again, we know that here on LHCF, I myself only relaxed every 10-12 weeks before going au naturale
smile.gif
) She seems to be very knowledgeable but she would always state something along the lines of "it's ok to use, but not a requirement" or "not necessary." She is very much set in her ways about what she believes to be a successful way for the black woman to grow their hair long. She seemed to be very nice about answering questions and giving advice but I still felt that she was more in a state of mind of 'my way or the highway.' Overall, it was a nice seminar and I enjoyed myself. I knew everything that she said already, learned here on this board as well as other online boards.
wink.gif
clap.gif
Thank you ladies of LHCF! I hope this helped a little.

Re: Went to Cathy Howse\'s Seminar...

Mic, Thanks for sharing your seminar experience. Do you have a schedule for Cathy Howse's seminar locations?
clap.gif

Thanks for sharing, Micarae. I would love to go to one of her seminars.
smile.gif

On the non-trimming thing, i was wondering if she does NOT trim even if her hair has split ends? Also has she ever went natural and if so has she cut out the permed part b4? I havent had a trim since May or so which wasnt all over my head either, so im wondering if she has ever done that. If it worked good for her than i will do the same,plus it saves me money(if i had any. LOL)

[ QUOTE ]
Her hair is about bra strap length now(in the back) and about chest level in the front and very thick and healthy looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's only bra strap length???? She's been growing her hair for more than fifteen years now. By now she should be at least maintaining butt length hair or longer. If her book is about growing 6 inches a year, don't you think her hair should be longer than that
scratchchin.gif
But then again if you don't wear protective styles and trim your hair, it will surely break off in the long run. If her hair has stopped growing, then it means she is no longer getting a touch up, right.
laugh.gif

Happy growing to everybody
wave.gif

Last relaxer: January 2002

First goal: bra strap length in the next four inches of growth. Hopefuly, i will get that before the end of this year (2003).
smile.gif

Happy to be nappy
antlers.gif

I agree with Ire_manzi! I think you limit your hair growth potential if you don't get rid of the damage by getting a trim when necessary! I've seen pictures of her hair and wasn't very impressed with the overall look!

No problemo ladies. The seminar was free(I think it is because it was in her hometown) She did make the comment that she 'may' go natural one day, but that was the extent of the natural talk. I am sure her hair is steadily growing because of the different phases that hair goes through. But I also believe in trims. I think her breakage is more than likely making her growth unnoticeable. It is probably neutralizing the growth coming in because she is not holding on to all of her length...only my theory. Case in point, keep those trims up ladies! I don't care if you only trim once a year....trim! But it was a very informative seminar, nevertheless.

i've only seen a few pics of her hair and must admit that i wasnt very impressed with what i saw. I also dont lik the fact that the info shee's sellin either can be found here for free or is quite untrue!!espicially botu trimmin the hair, that dont make no sense!!i can understand not trimmin ever 8 weeks coz u aitn got no split ends but not trimmin at all??
huh.gif

Yeah, thanks for the info.. I want to go to one her seminars one day as well.

It's amazing to see that with all the information here and elsewhere that folk are still uninformed and ignorant about haircare. (well, there is some bad info out as well here and by professionals) I think because it's so simple, folk just can't grasp the concept that trimmin has nothing to do with growth.

I am "Impressed" that she does not wear weave.... But has long healthy hair, It most likely wont get to her feet if she grows it for 50 yrs. No one will. But LOng, Heathly and NO FAKE Dead Peoples hair.

That's what I want.

Back