What Are the Best Conditioners for CO Washes?

divinefavor

Hello Everyone!

There may be a thread about this already. I did a search but couldn't find it. I'm going to DSD's Newcomers link as well for this. I just started doing CO Washes on Sunday and have only done them 2x this week.

What type/brand of conditioners are the best for CO washes? Should I be looking for certain ingredients in conditioners that I shouldn't be putting in my hair 2x a week?

Is it okay to use the Suave Humectant for CO washes or does that have to much protein in it?

I normally use Keracare Products but in my opinion it's too expensive for me to use the Humecto for CO washes.

ETA - I am relaxed and I have fine/thin hair.

Last edited:

Nanyanika

What type/brand of conditioners are the best for CO washes?

IMHO Alberto vo5 tangerine tickle, kiwi and lime, free me freesia and fruitsations are the best.

Should I be looking for certain ingredients in conditioners that I shouldn't be putting in my hair 2x a week?

try to stay away from mineral oil, silicones, petrolatum

Is it okay to use the Suave Humectant for CO washes or does that have to much protein in it?

Yep

Ashee

I'm doing pretty good with my Nexxus Humectress mix (Suave Moisturizing, Infusium Revitelizing Cons), NTMDD & NTMH(interchangable), newly added GFAF Con & Porosity to top it all off...

I combine most steps so that I only CW twice...
I also do a hot oil treatment at the beginning of any process that I do.

My hair has come out nice & soft as stated by the majority of the ladies on here! :bouncy:

MissDiva

I use any cheap conditioner. Tresemee (walgreens has buy one get one), Suave, VO5 or Mane and Tale (sally's has a sale-buy one get one free for the 32 oz bottle)

moda

I use Suave for my co wash, cheap but effective. I usually use the Suave Humectant, I have only noticed good things since using it.

hopeful

den1 said:
What type/brand of conditioners are the best for CO washes?

IMHO Alberto vo5 tangerine tickle, kiwi and lime, free me freesia and fruitsations are the best.

Should I be looking for certain ingredients in conditioners that I shouldn't be putting in my hair 2x a week?

try to stay away from mineral oil, silicones, petrolatum

Yep

ITA with Den1, I love VO5's tangerine tickle and the free me freesia for co washes!:yep: Very moisturizing.

PoeticJustice

1. VO5 Kiwi Lime
2. Suave Coconut
3. Original Mane n Tail

I will be picking up some Suave Humectant when one of the other bottles runs out.

carribslc

Suave Awapuhi is verrrry good. It smells good too. When it's out, I'll probably buy another bottle along with Suave Humectant.

Cinnabuns

I love Hydrators, Strawberries & Cream, Peaches & Cream, Blueberries & Creme (I use the Milks sparingly) and Free Me Freesia all by VO5. I also like Suave's Tropical Coconut, Milk & Honey, Aloe, and Ocean Breeze all by Suave. :)

bimbabe

VO5 Oasis- Honey and Almond

Suave Nexuss Humectress knock off

Any pantene-they are all the same

precious_pup

Suave conditioners have worked very well for me. I also like the results I have been getting from Sally's Salon Brand conditioners. So far, I have tried the ALL PURPOSE REMOISTURISER & HONEY/ALMOND.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
I like Elucence MB conditioner and Suave Milk and Honey the best..

I like VO5.. like the strawberries and Cream, Pina Colada, Fresh Vanilla Bean etc for the smell!