Expensive Conditioners VS. Cheapie conditioners for Co-washes??

taylokc

Do you get better results with those higher end conditioners vs. cheapie conditioners?? Also, do you use moisture or protein conditioners for co-washes???

PassionFruit

Do you get better results with those higher end conditioners vs. cheapie conditioners?? Also, do you use moisture or protein conditioners for co-washes???

I use cheapies for co-wash... I dont ave the need for intense conditoning when I co wash very often... Im fortunate that even when I DC, a cheapie like LeKair cholesterol suits me well....

I dont think most people NEED an expensive conditioner for co-washing though some may prefer it...

unless ya have some major damage caused by chemical overprocessing ( perms & dyes) and not cause by manual mishandling ( rough combing, braids or other traction alopecia issues) , then co-washing with protein is likely not a good idea.... you would be asking for protein overload and causign yourself more hair loss...

PeggyFair

Cheapies. I use V05 Champagne Kiss right now and I believe it was 88 cents for the bottle. I think the silk protein that is in it gives my hair major slip and I have no detangling issues whatsoever. I have very strong reslient hair so I don't need to go overboard and purchase the "latest products", plus, my motto is beauty does not have to be expensive.

PeggyFair

then co-washing with protein is likely not a good idea.... you would be asking for protein overload and causign yourself more hair loss...

Hmm, my V05 Champagne Kiss has something called "silk proteins" in it, is this the type of protein that you are talking about?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
When I co washed, I used Suave Naturals and loved it. Kenra MC and So Sexy were the more expensive ones I used, and I had FABULOUS results with those. So I'd have to vote for the more expensive cons. BUT, I have to shout out my precious LTR, which is a GREAT cheapie conditioner for co-washes and deep conditioning. It's the best cheapie con out there! :yep: :grin:

CurleeDST

You get what you pay for. My hair HATES cheap conditioners! The Suaves, White Rains and Pantene conditioners of the world are the worse! I like medium-priced professional products as over time they really help improve the actual condition of my hair. Right now I am on my own 100% Aveda product challenge for my daughter and me and our hair is doing VERY VERY good. I was using cheap stuff on her hair and hair bits were constantly coming out. Now - less shedding, stronger, shinier and softer hair!

Suaves, V05 and the like NEVER did that for us!

LynnieB

i love the cheapies for cowashing!! i love vo5 anything and the moisture milk lines as leave-ins - been doing that since i went natural :grin:

ain't no shame in my game :lachen:

i'm sooo much of a cheapskate that i cringe when i see my $$ product flow down the drain like water. i can't even bear to use my elucence mb for cowashing :grin: - just as a leave-in or in very diluted like in a spritz.

i tend to use my more expensive products for after wash conditioning or as deep conditioners. still, i've found a few cheapos that work extremely well for that too :lachen:

hey, if you can use the cheapies, go for it and be guilt free about doing it!

charmtreese

cheap conditioners do NOTHING for my hair. Actually they do more harm than good for me! I use WEN to co-wash with and my hair is doing great.

foxieroxienyc

The only cheapies that I really like are Herbal Essences, and they do a great job for cowashing.

I so happened to want to use the rest of the drop of conditioner I had in my Nexxus Humectress bottle. So I went ahead and did a co-wash with that mixed with a little HE conditioner (Dangerously Straight). I must say that my cowash was MUCH better today and softer! Plus my flexirod set is as soft and silky! There is definitely a difference, but for me I'd have to do it sparingly, Humectress costs around $15 a bottle or more! I think I should invest in a liter!:rolleyes: