What are y'all using for shine/sheen

Junonia

I DC'ed with Salerm wheat germ and mixed it with nature's therapy hot oil and my hair was so bouncy. I could not stop whipping my head around:lachen:. However, my hair was also dull looking. My hair has always been very dry and dull looking. I think it has to do with the color and I am 14 weeks post. The only time my hair has gloss is when I relax, that lasts for about a week.

I am going to the BSS today. Can anyone recommend products that will give a nice shine and bounce.

locabouthair

I have very dull and dry hair also. I made a thread about it two weeks ago when the shampoo girl at the salon told me my hair looked "super dry":ohwell:
Even my mom has been telling me on a daily basis how dry it looks.

Anywhoo, I tried using some EVOO to seal in my moisturizer, as a sealer I'm not really feeling it but it did give my hair some nice shine. I just cant take the smell of it so I stopped using it and now my hair looks dry again.

I also have to be real with myself and realize that I'm not relaxed bone straight, in fact my hair is still kinky, and it will not reflect the light as well as hair that was straighter because straight hair has flat cuticles.

Another thing that I have been doing but will take a while to see results, is to drink H2O and eat more salmon and take flaxseed oil daily. What we do to our hair on the inside counts a lot also. Dull, dry hair can be due to a lack of omega 3's in our diet, which come from fish, nuts, and flaxseed. It will take a while to see results because a new diet will only affect the new hair coming in, and not whats on your head already.

Hair rinses can help but they dont last long on me. I did buy john freda clear glaze and I will let you know how it works.

Oh and another thing, my stylist uses jane carter's hair mousse (I dont know the exact name of it) when she rollersets but it doesnt leave your hair hard, I know we all get that nice shine after we leave the salon but I think that product really makes my hair bling, because last time she used something else and my hair didnt have that nice shine.

Last edited:

naturalgurl

I tried the castor oil:nono:. My hair did not like. The aloe vera sounds good. Is it heavy?

I know, castor oil can be too heavy for some but I have really thick and dry hair. Aloe is not heavy at all, it's preferred by people with not so thick and dry hair.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Thanks to Al00fone, Luster's Pink Gloss Spray. Yeah, I know, I know, the name had me like :rolleyes: :lachen: too.... Until a bunch of other people chimed in also singing its praises. It's light and makes my hair pretty dang shiny. The only drawback is that it has that wretched Pink Lotion smell! :barf:

Another one I'm using is Paul Brown Shine Amplifying Spray. It smells pretty good and makes my hair shiny. I got it for free, but since I can get Pink Glosser for way cheaper, I wouldn't buy it

Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum is good too :yep:

Junonia

I have very dull and dry hair also. I made a thread about it two weeks ago when the shampoo girl at the salon told me my hair looked "super dry":ohwell:
Even my mom has been telling me on a daily basis how dry it looks.

Anywhoo, I tried using some EVOO to seal in my moisturizer, as a sealer I'm not really feeling it but it did give my hair some nice shine. I just cant take the smell of it so I stopped using it and now my hair looks dry again.

I also have to be real with myself and realize that I'm not relaxed bone straight, in fact my hair is still kinky, and it will not reflect the light as well as hair that was straighter because straight hair has flat cuticles.

Another thing that I have been doing but will take a while to see results, is to drink H2O and eat more salmon and take flaxseed oil daily. What we do to our hair on the inside counts a lot also. Dull, dry hair can be due to a lack of omega 3's in our diet, which come from fish, nuts, and flaxseed. It will take a while to see results because a new diet will only affect the new hair coming in, and not whats on your head already.

Hair rinses can help but they dont last long on me. I did buy john freda clear glaze and I will let you know how it works.

Oh and another thing, my stylist uses jane carter's hair mousse (I dont know the exact name of it) when she rollersets but it doesnt leave your hair hard, I know we all get that nice shine after we leave the salon but I think that product really makes my hair bling, because last time she used something else and my hair didnt have that nice shine.

I've seen this and wondered how it would work on my head. I think I may try this. I don't want to use anything that will weigh my hair down.

My stylist also complains about my dry hair. I know this weather is not helping any. The sun is stripping my hair. I am thinking getting a spray with some UV in it.

Junonia

Thanks to Al00fone, Luster's Pink Gloss Spray. Yeah, I know, I know, the name had me like :rolleyes: :lachen: too.... Until a bunch of other people chimed in also singing its praises. It's light and makes my hair pretty dang shiny. The only drawback is that it has that wretched Pink Lotion smell! :barf:

Another one I'm using is Paul Brown Shine Amplifying Spray. It smells pretty good and makes my hair shiny. I got it for free, but since I can get Pink Glosser for way cheaper, I wouldn't buy it

Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum is good too :yep:

I also hate that smell. I was thinking about Fantasia but I wasn't sure if it would leave my hair feeling heavy