What brand of Henna are you using?

CarLiTa

with all this henna craze, I feel like I want to experiment! :grin:

who's heard of this?
8c745b1f-65b8-bd7b-dd20-3158c55f9c2c.jpg

Surya Henna Powder Surya Henna Hair Color is 100%, semi-permanent natural hair coloring and nourishing treatment for the hair. There are no peroxide, ammonia, resorcinol, PPD, parabens, or heavy metals. Guaranteed to cover gray. Revitalizes your hair with Indian and Brazilian herbs, fruits and honey that deeply moisturize while coloring. May be applied immediately after chemical process, without time intervals. Rinses out after 20 - 30 washings.

they sell them per 50g, I think. comes in:
ash brown, black, brown, burgundy, gold, golden brown, mahogany, neutral, red, strawberry blond.
50g for $5.49

how much are you using per application? does yours have a specific color? have you heard of this one? any reviews?

I used this henna last night. It was my first time so I didn't know how much I needed when I bought it. The application w/in the box was not enough for my APL, texlaxed hair. As a result, I don't really know what the results would be with this b/c it didn't cover it. Rinsing it out wasn't as huge of a hassle as I thought it would be, but that may be b/c it wasn't as much as I was supposed to use. Also, it left my hair feeling kind of dry and tangled when I was rinsing it out. I followed it up with deep conditioning.

Again, I'm not the authority on this brand b/c I didn't have enough to really judge and I never applied henna before to know any difference. I hope that more ladies can chime in. I really just used this brand b/c I could get it in a store and not have to wait for it to come in the mail. I've since realized that I'm just going to have to suck it up and order online if I want good results.

A plus for this brand is that it came w/ honey, gloves, and great instructions.

Hi Carlita, this looks like a henna hair dye. Did it work for you?

I get my regular henna and indigo from hennaforhair.com. I am going to place an order for RAJASTHANI henna from hennasooq.com, and while I'm at it I'll order Ghassoul Lavendar Mud for my face. From the description, the
RAJASTHANI will color my greys a deeper red, which is what I am looking for.

CarLiTa said:
with all this henna craze, I feel like I want to experiment! :grin:

who's heard of this?
8c745b1f-65b8-bd7b-dd20-3158c55f9c2c.jpg

Surya Henna Powder Surya Henna Hair Color is 100%, semi-permanent natural hair coloring and nourishing treatment for the hair. There are no peroxide, ammonia, resorcinol, PPD, parabens, or heavy metals. Guaranteed to cover gray. Revitalizes your hair with Indian and Brazilian herbs, fruits and honey that deeply moisturize while coloring. May be applied immediately after chemical process, without time intervals. Rinses out after 20 - 30 washings.

they sell them per 50g, I think. comes in:
ash brown, black, brown, burgundy, gold, golden brown, mahogany, neutral, red, strawberry blond.
50g for $5.49

how much are you using per application? does yours have a specific color? have you heard of this one? any reviews?

imani97 said:
Hopefully others will come in. I think Honeydew used it at least once.

Yes, I did use it one time and it was okay the 1st time I used it. I mean, it did nothing bad, but I did not really get the benefits like that of the henna and cassia powder I now use. I tried the neutral Surya henna powder a 2nd time with heat and it was much better. I saw good results with it.

I am too scared to use the colored powders. I just used the neutral.

Now, I just stick with BAQ henna and indigo, but I do own some Light mountain henna that I will use in a pinch that works great when I use heat with it for at least 15-20 min.

Oh, the brand I use of Henna, Cassia and Henna vary. I have ordered from Henna Sooq and I am finishing off those batches now. I own some from on of HFH's suppliers from India. I bought some samples from them and I will break into those next.

Back