What color/size rollerS do you use?

gn1g

I had a beautiful roller set once and the lady used about 4 different roller sizes and she used a random pattern.

What size rollers and what kind of pattern do you use to set your hair?

Last edited:
I use black and gray if i want it curly and black and green for straight.

I part my hair in 4 sections. Front to back and ear to ear. I roll my bang area with a gray roller then use three rollers on each side in the front. One on top of the other. Then in the back sections I use 3 or 4 rollers one on top of each other. I hope that makes sense.

All together I use around 16 rollers. Rolling my hair like a mohawk=breakage for me.

I use red, purple, and gray. I use the mohawk method. Since my hair is cut in layers: I use red on top, purple in the middle, and gray on the bottom.

It varies on the look I'm trying to achieve. As of late, the longer my hair gets the less I want to deal w/ it so if I'm doing a roller set, which btw isn't often, I'd do something like a spiral set the beige rollers. That usually will last me for a week.

It all depends on what style I'm aiming for:

- to straighten - I use the mohawk method, rolling downward, using gray (2"), but purple (1-3/4") around the front hairline.

- spiral set - I set my hair vertically, rolling downward, on 1" rollers, but 3/4" around the front hairline. (see siggy)

My hair is long enough for the green rollers. Unfortunately I can't put my head under the hair dryer with the green rollers LOL So I just wear the gray ones and it takes me longer to dry

IT DEPENDS ON HOW I WANT IT TO LOOK.

FOR MY SIGGY PIC I USED TAN AND YELLOW.

SOMETIMES I USE TAN ON TOP AND RED ON THE BOTTOM.

SOMETIMES I USE ALL RED.

SOMETIMES I USE ALL YELLOW.

Mostly purple or gray! It depends on if I want a tight or loose curl and the look that I'm trying to achieve. I also have red and blue.

It all depends on what style I'm aiming for:

- to straighten - I use the mohawk method, rolling downward, using gray (2"), but purple (1-3/4") around the front hairline.

- spiral set - I set my hair vertically, rolling downward, on 1" rollers, but 3/4" around the front hairline. (see siggy)

girl your hair is gorgeous!

I want to try something a friend suggest she said two strand twist and roll the hair half way and it would come out wavey ?

IT DEPENDS ON HOW I WANT IT TO LOOK.

FOR MY SIGGY PIC I USED TAN AND YELLOW.

SOMETIMES I USE TAN ON TOP AND RED ON THE BOTTOM.

SOMETIMES I USE ALL RED.

SOMETIMES I USE ALL YELLOW.

Your siggy pix is pretty, how do you get it so shiny?

Back