What Types of Rollers Do You Use?

sonce

Roller Setting: Type and Product.

I want to start practicing my roller setting at home.

1. Can anyone recommend what type of rollers to buy? Brands would be good but a description would be ok. My hair is pretty long and very thick, and I would like rollers that do not snag or put tension on the scalp/hair.

2. Does anyone know the link to this site where a woman gives a roller setting tutorial? She described using a 'mohawk' method. If anyone remembers, can you please provide the link?

3. What products do you use to roller set and how do you go about using them? For instance, starting with clean hair, what do you do before putting the roller on the hair section?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

gymfreak336

Re: Roller Setting: Type and Product.

I want to start practicing my roller setting at home.

1. Can anyone recommend what type of rollers to buy? Brands would be good but a description would be ok. My hair is pretty long and very thick, and I would like rollers that do not snag or put tension on the scalp/hair.
I have used many brands of rollers and I like the sallys brand. They are not expensive and unlike some other cheap ones, they don't crack and the plastic doesn't snag my hair. I buy the ones that come with the snap covers, especially when I was just starting out. I use the snap covers when I am in a rush, otherwise I just leave the snap covers off and use roller clips

2. Does anyone know the link to this site where a woman gives a roller setting tutorial? She described using a 'mohawk' method. If anyone remembers, can you please provide the link?
The person you are talking about is Macheriamor I believe. Her site is healthytextures.com. You can also search many of the members Fotki's here for more rollerset pictures.

3. What products do you use to roller set and how do you go about using them? For instance, starting with clean hair, what do you do before putting the roller on the hair section?I rollerset my wet hair. I apply a creamy leave in like Giovanni Direct or any of the sunsilk leave in creams to my wet hair, comb through with my shower comb to detangle and I use the shower comb to section off my hair. I clip each section so that it doesn't get in the way and I move section by section. I use a rattail comb as I rollerset. I have some water in a spray bottle that I use on each section just to make sure my hair is soaking wet. I don't really apply any additional product besides my leave in. I will sometimes rub some foam wrap like ORS olive oil foam wrap through my hair before I start sectioning it off but I don't really do that often.

Thanks in advance!

Hope this helps