What did I just do!

pureebony

...I dont know why but I cut my hair myself, from armpit legnth to just scraping my shoulders all in all 3- 4 inches......:perplexed I was soo fed up of the way my natural hair kept knotting at the ends and my mum snapping them off when she tried to part my hair.... so I cut it off... stupid I know....

But now I have regretted what I have done...

Now Im like HELP!!!!! what do I need to do to speed up my hair growth rate that I can take Orally. I have noticed that my nails have been very thin and splitting lately and my skin is very spotty- HELP!!!!

Why did I butcher my hair!!!! apart of me is thinking Oh well hair grows- and another- LORD I PRAY MY HAIR GROWS BACK!!! :whyme:

and on top of that I have traction alopecia!!! :sad: on my edges.... how do I make them grow back, I have two bald spots.... I really need you lots help... Im starting to feel like having my hair natural is not worth it anymore...and what makes it worse is that there is no protective styles I can do besides a wig (which Im too self conscious to use) that will hide my badly damaged edges...

:whyme:

backside! me and my stupid wannabe take risks moments! :cry: I feel so silly.

naturalgurl

Calm down lil sista'! It's going to be alright. Try coconut oil for your hair skin and nails, it's a wonder oil. Secondly, look in fotki's for ideas for styles. I've learned TONS lurking here. I've worn protective styles that I never thought of. Let your hair cut go. It's in the past. Stop reliving it and giving energy to it. Look forward to the future of healthy hair. Use this oppurtunity to show your hair some extra love and I promise you, it will love you back!

natural2008

Hello Pure Ebony,
I had a look at your Fotki and saw all of the hair on your head. Girl your hair will go back, no worries. I am a vegetarian was was told that I had teo bald spots because of my proetin deficiency. I began to take vitamins (B complex as well as hair nail and skin vitamins). I also began to drink protein shakes and make sure to eat some type of protein with every meal and have noticed that my hair is getting stronger and my bald spots have filled in since August 1, 2008. I need to take pictures of my spots for September so that I can monitor the growth. My spots are in the very back of my head on opposites sides of my head. No onwill ever know unless i show them or try to wear a high pony tail. think they are my stress spots becasue everytime I stress out my hair falls out in those places. Do you eat enough protein? Also can you wear head bands (the cloth kind like in my Fotki) to cover up your spots?

BostonMaria

I used to take MSM every day last year and it made my nails grow rapidly. I don't have any recommendations about speedy hair growth. Your hair will definitely grow though. It sounds to me like you probably need more help on how to take care of your hair. What's your regimine right now?

Take a deep breath and exhale. Its gonna be alright. You cut it, its not the end of the world. Don't do that again and the next time you feel the urge to cut it just post here first. Your hair needs alot of TLC and the good news is that you can start all over again starting TODAY.

natural2008

Hello Ebony Beauty,
How about parting your hair on the side or in the middle or a slant part and swoop the hair on both sides to make a pony puff? That was you will not be able to see the spots on the side.

DarkAngell

Biotin or msm.... or both! Msm made a difference, nails grew and were stronger and my hair grew faster. Biotin was growing my hair like craaaaazy. The downsides of biotin of course are the break outs ( i drank 80 ounces of water a day and still had break outs ) and hair grew faster everywhere.

I think bostonmaria hit the nail on the head too. It sounds the your hair care needs alittle fine tuning. And like she said also.....breathe!! It'll grow back. If practicing proper hair care methods, you're hair should be 3 inches longer again in a matter of 6 months give or take.

Don't worry 3 inches is nothing.Good thing you didn't go REALLY crazy and give yourself a pixie cut or something lol

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Don't worry, it'll grow back in no time...

A couple of months ago, I got my armpit length hair "trimmed" to shoulder length at SuperCuts. Even though my hair got shorter, I had a lot of splits and my hair felt better after the cut.

Just remember that a watched pot never boils. Try not to think about your hair and just focus on other things.

Happy Hair Growing!

chebaby

wow. why did i have a dream last night that i cut off my past apl hair to el in a ri ri cut that dont fit me at all. i woke up damn near in tears. but i would just deep condition and baby the hair.

runwaydream

i've been using mtg and mt on my edges.. the bald spots filled in almost completely and i haven't even been using it for 3 weeks yet.

pureebony

Hello Ebony Beauty,
How about parting your hair on the side or in the middle or a slant part and swoop the hair on both sides to make a pony puff? That was you will not be able to see the spots on the side.

I cant do this as I cut the front of my hair down to 3 inches.... daft or what!!!!!

pureebony

Thanks ladies- I just feel like any style I do looks hideous... I decided to weave u my hair, but what weave is going to cover up my natural damged edges.

Ok Im breathing.... So far its MSM, biotin, B complex...?!?!

I have invested in some external growth aides too... I just had this aim of being brastrap length by march next year...now I don't know how long its gonna take.

has anyone ever got an inch per month? if so how!?

*Muffin*

I'm so sorry to hear this! Some things you can do to speed up your hair growth are:

1. Take a multivitamin (especially one rich in B vitamins like biotin. These promote healthy hair and nail growth)

2. MSM- Sulfur is supposed to help speed up your hair growth and make it thicker. Just be sure to take the recommended serving size and don't go over it because that could be potentially hazardous.

3. Garlic-I read that garlic helps with hair shedding and that could be helpful when you're trying to grow out your hair.

4. Try not to manipulate your hair a lot- Just let it do it's thing and grow. The more you manipulate it the more chances for breakage

5. Moisturization/Deep Conditioning

6. Scalp stimulation-stimulating your scalp helps your hair grow faster. You can do it manually with your finger tips by gently massaging your scalp every day and/or do it by mixing your conditioner and/or deep conditioner with a bit of peppermint, spearmint, eucalyptus, or rosemary oil. These oils make your scalp tingle, thereby stimulating it and helping it to grow

7. Drink Plenty of Water

8. Get sufficient sleep at night- Your body rejuvenates itself when it's asleep and does most of it's tasks then.

I hope I helped. I'm no professional but these are some things I learned from the ladies here at this forum and I just wanted to share them with you :)

pureebony

Thanks Muffin, I think I have enough vitamins just hope they work.... I think it might be stress causing my bald spots?!

Ganjababy

...I dont know why but I cut my hair myself, from armpit legnth to just scraping my shoulders all in all 3- 4 inches......:perplexed I was soo fed up of the way my natural hair kept knotting at the ends and my mum snapping them off when she tried to part my hair.... so I cut it off... stupid I know....

But now I have regretted what I have done...

Now Im like HELP!!!!! what do I need to do to speed up my hair growth rate that I can take Orally. I have noticed that my nails have been very thin and splitting lately and my skin is very spotty- HELP!!!!

Why did I butcher my hair!!!! apart of me is thinking Oh well hair grows- and another- LORD I PRAY MY HAIR GROWS BACK!!! :whyme:

and on top of that I have traction alopecia!!! :sad: on my edges.... how do I make them grow back, I have two bald spots.... I really need you lots help... Im starting to feel like having my hair natural is not worth it anymore...and what makes it worse is that there is no protective styles I can do besides a wig (which Im too self conscious to use) that will hide my badly damaged edges...

:whyme:

backside! me and my stupid wannabe take risks moments! :cry: I feel so silly.

GOSHI WISH I HAD READ THIS BEFORE I BUTCHERED my hair this morning and realise that my hair does not do a good afro:wallbash: I am feeling you girl:blush:

Irresistible

whats with all this cutting? hide the scissors ladies, something must be in the air, I did this before, lord pls dont let me get to that point again

anyway, it grows back , thank God:yep:

Ganjababy

:perplexed oh gee...did u do a BC or something?

Yes and all I can say is that my hair does not look right. I thought I would have a nice little fro and my hair does not do nice fro. My hair looks like cotton candy floss. I did not know my hair was like this. I washed it twice today and it still looks funny. I am dreading going into work. When my husband came home he started laughing at my hair:wallbash:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Aww poor thing. Your Hair will grow back bank on that. I don't have any tips to give other than what the ladies said (vitamins and hiding the scissors).

pureebony

Thanks ladies----- why do we get so scissor happy?!! I feel a bit more optimistic than I did before.

Thanks again.