What do y'all do for dandruff?

S

Silkylocks

What do y\'all do for dandruff?

I've tried a few things - cedarwood, vinegar, and lavender, but I guess I haven't been very consistent. Does anyone have a good essential oil suggestion? I'm trying not to use any commercial products on my hair. All suggestions are appreciated.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: What do y\'all do for dandruff?

Rosemary Oil right on my scalp with a dropper...

I had very bad dandruff--this stuff has absolutely eliminated it and I know it works because when I don't use it--it comes back.

I do it twice weekly.

S

Silkylocks

Thanks, Supergirl! I'll be sure to try it. Just curious, where do you get your rosemary oil?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

I get it at the health food store. You may have to buy a dropper separtely so that you can effectively apply it to your scalp.

L.A. Woman

when do you use it in your regimen? Pre-wash or during scalp massages?? How often should I apply it to my scalp?

tc_333

I've been using the jojoba oil on my itchy dry scalp, and it's been working well; but maybe I'll add some rosemary oil to it....thanks for the tip, SuperGirl!

Jenai

I had dandruff really bad when I was following the advice of women who told me that Black women shouldn't wash their hair more than every two weeks, "every month is better, and don't forget to greeze yo' scalp every day." That was just too long a time period, and I started to get excess product buildup and itchy flaky scalp. If your scalp is flaky and your hair feels dry, maybe it needs more moisture -- the best moisture is water.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician

GiGi, you took the advice right out of my mouth. I wash all over every day in the shower -- including my head -- I haven't seen the big macro flakes that used to plague me in a month. 100% flakeless; I never saw such dramatic results with other balms.

Some flakes are sebaciously oily, yes, but water is the best medicine!

MissM

I know you'd rather not use any commercial products but I do have to recommend Nizoral prescription shampoo. I have extremely bad dandruff, the oily BIG flake kind. The kind where I could almost peel a whole layer of stuff off. I used this once years ago and it cured my scalp for months. I tried it again last month and I haven't had to use anything at all. I think this stuff is a permanent cure!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

I do it the 2nd day after a shampoo and the night before a shampoo also.