What do you consider too shedding/breakage?

What do you consider too shedding/breakage?

• When I see more than 4-6 strands of hair in the comb

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • When I see alot of tiny pieces of hair in the comb.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • When I see spilt ends.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • When I notice hair in my hands after running it through my hair.

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Other (please tell)

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bosslady1

I am 13 weeks post (longest stretch yet) and I noticed that I am starting to have alot of hair breakage from split ends. (the loopy ones) I associate this type of split ends from the tangles in my hair from going without a perm this long. The breakage was all over (sparingly) my hands.
What do you consider too much shedding or breakage?

*I am doing a touchup this weekend because the amount of breakage I saw is scaring me. (please keep in mind that I am a paranoid person :huh::spinning::nono:)

HONEYVIBE

My hair is similar to urs. I hate this!! I love my hair and care for it so much and it has yet to make to me happy. I'm about to put this sucker in some braids:mad: . But yeah i have shedding and breakage to. I'ma just get my ends trim and my hair braided.

Bosslady1

I do not think it is shedding because it is not coming from the roots. It is breakage. That is why I am relaxing this bad boy this weekend!;)

Bumping...

sweetcashew

I was having the same problem. I noticed little pieces of hair broken off on my hand and I never ever see this. I had way too much new growth and it was causing a problem. I went ahead and relaxed yesterday, 3 days short of my 10 week post relaxer touch-up. I'm not going to go this long again.
I say do what works for your hair.

HERicane10

sweetcashew said:
I was having the same problem. I noticed little pieces of hair broken off on my hand and I never ever see this. I had way too much new growth and it was causing a problem. I went ahead and relaxed yesterday, 3 days short of my 10 week post relaxer touch-up. I'm not going to go this long again.

Amen! Sista. I relaxed 5 days short of my 10 week goal for the same reason. You just gotta know what works for YOUR hair!

Bosslady1

sweetcashew said:

Thanks for the advice. You are right. Atleast I knew when to give in.:lol:
13 weeks is the max for me! I am relaxing this weekend.

Thanks ladies.:rosebud:

sareca

I always have some amount of short and long hairs in my comb or on my hands (esp on wash day). I don't count them or anything. I just know what's normal for me and if it gets above then I consider it too much.

Ladyhenri

sareca said:
I always have some amount of short and long hairs in my comb or on my hands (esp on wash day). I don't count them or anything. I just know what's normal for me and if it gets above then I consider it too much.
ditto
I have tiny pieces in my hand when i have been finger combing or smoothing for long. I see about five shed hairs when washing.

HoneyDew

I picked " When I notice hair in my hands after running it through my hair."

I had this happen for a few days after using a conditioner that my hair did not like. I clarified that stuff away and used my normal stuff and the breakage stopped.

I also get more breakage like this when I have lots of new growth. I try to just leave it alone when that happens.

AVNchick

I'm 11 weeks post and I'm having alot of shedding, not really any breakage though. This is the longest I've ever stretched and my scalp in really sore around the crown area. I'm guessing it's from the new growth coming in. I'm gonna relax it this weekend though.

lashay06

I notice a lot of shedding/breakage when my hair is extremely dry or whenever I take down braids. I'd say listen to your hair when it comes to stretching. Your hair will definitely let u know when its time fo a relaxer.

baglady215

sareca said:

Me too. I get a lot of hairs on wash day, mainly because I wash weekly and don't comb at all except on wash day. What worries me are broken hairs on my clothes.

Golong

Is it ok to relax when there's breakage?

Since i'm sheding I am afriad to relax myself. I usually use TCB NATURALS-no-lye (normal) but this will be my first time relaxing since joining LHF . I'm scared I will mess it up (I'm known for over/under processing=bald spots). Should I just bit the bullet and put money down for a stylist? I know she/he will say cut it! *sigh* what to do what to do? Somethings gotta get done because this new growth is out of control.

camellia

I consider too much breakage any more than three broken stands.

I shed a lot. The amount of shed hair I have after combing (2 or 3 times a week) is enough to make up a small animal.:lol: I don't worry about the shedding, it's normal for me and I don't see any thin spots on my head.