what do you do with your shed hairs?

Evolving78

when you are finger styling, adding product, or finger detangling, what do you do with the shed hairs that gets all over your hands and fingers? do you wipe them on a towel, paper towel, tissue, sink? your clothes?:)lachen:)

i usually have to a have a towel, or paper towel handy to wipe the hairs away. this is what i miss the most about using a comb. i could just collect the hair from the comb and throw them away. now if i don't wipe my hands/fingers right away, i get hair in my product. i hate that!

btw, i started this thread because since i rarely see Ytubers having to wipe their hands/fingers to remove the shed hairs. i always wondered if i was the only one going through this? i posted this in random thoughts awhile ago, but it still puzzled me! :lachen:

Last edited:

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
I put a little oil on them and eat em. Just slurp em down like spaghetti.

Let me stop. I use a paper towel that I keep on my lap. Once the towel dries I am able to dump the shed hairs in the trash.

OndoGirl

Let me stop. I use a paper towel that I keep on my lap. Once the towel dries I am able to dump the shed hairs in the trash.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I'm dying over here!

~Vintage Queen~

When simply styling I wipe them on my heater until I'm ready and throw them out but if detangling with a comb, I collect them (and broken hairs) to compare to the last time I detangled thoroughly. Just did that today and must say I'm happy because I have less breakage/shedding compared to last month.

MizzBrown

I keep baby wipes handy. One gets used every morning & every night when styling & moisturizing my hair.

I might put a mini hairstopper in the sink just to collect it and then clean it weekly instead of using up all my baby wipes. Because I still have to wash/rinse my hands of the product before touching my face or clothes.

ANUBIS

i put them in an ashtray and burn them of coarse...everyone knows if u dont burn them your hair wont grow....

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I get a white tissue or paper towel (because I want to be able to see them) and I collect them until I'm done in that. I always eyeball the quantity of hairs and sometimes verify they are all shed....*don't judge*:look:

Esthi777

I give them the side eye and cuss each and every one of those darn things for coming out!!! Oooo, they make me mad! Then I just wipe them off with a paper towel and throw them darn things away.

SimJam

i just wipe them off in a towel then throw them away.

though I was vacuuming my sofa today and my hair was rivalling my kittehs shed hair. I usually do my hair while watching TV so it seems like I didnt get them all lol

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'll collect them (out of my detangling comb) & see how much it is on wash day from start to finish (after the full session).

Do a quick inspection & Flush them.

lilyofthenile

Get them on a towel or paper towel. Then I rinse and place them in small separate and labeled bags... it helps me keep track of how much I shed.

Last edited:

BEAUTYU2U

What doesn't get in my brush/comb ends up on my fingers or shirt and I toss it on my towel (cause I usually detangle on still wet, freshly shampooed hair) then throw it all in the garbage.

Aireen

Everyone's so neat with their paper towels... I just wipe 'em on the sink, eyeball 'em to make sure it's not broken hairs, then throw 'em in the garbage.

Evolving78

Everyone's so neat with their paper towels... I just wipe 'em on the sink, eyeball 'em to make sure it's not broken hairs, then throw 'em in the garbage.

i do that when i am in the bathroom! :lachen: i feel bad about that, so use a clorox wipe to remove them from the sink! my dh walked in one day and asked was i going bald.

Giselle685

It depends... Last year I built my own short wig with them ... This year I'm trading them in to cover my cell phone bill

AuNaturalMaMa

It annoys the heck out of me when they get on my hands when moisturizing/styling! I try not to comb. My hands get all coated with product/hairs I roll the hairs into a lil ball and keep working. By the time I'm finished I have about 8 little balls. Then I throw them away.

I hate hair in my product.

SUPER SWEET

I just take them put them in a ziplock and place them in the back of the freezer. :look: I really thought everyone did this. I learned this technique here.

kupenda

I inspect them. I was having a bit more breakage than usual abt two weeks ago so now I inspect almost every hair that comes out. I upped my DCing and protein and now I mostly have shed hair and very little breakage. Today I was driving my SO's car and started pulling out shed hairs because I didn't detangle for three days. And I had crazy knots that at first had me thinking I had an APL lead hair lol. It was just knotted shed hair :-/ darn

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

leiah

I was hoping that by page 2 there'd be some people who don't throw them away for fear of them getting into the hands of some voodoo witch

My husband has very long locks and has kept all the pieces that have broken off over the years. He says he's going to burn them i'm just wondering when he plans on doing that :perplexed
I found a freaking birds nest in his dresser drawer one time. That stopped me from going through his stuff forever
One time he tied some of them together and made a necklace :nono:

Mine go in the garbage or toilet!

Nonie

:giggle: Yeah @ms-gg, it's important to not throw the hairs away, coz you know what they say about birds finding the hair and stealing it if you just put it in the trash, esp the crows... If you don't eat, you have to burn the hair.... :look: coz remember there's also black magic... *shudder*

J/K

My hair is usually w/o product so there's no stickiness really; I just slide them out and collect them on a piece of napkin then toss... (Or rather, eat them like spaghetti or burn them to keep crows from getting them. :lol: )

When using S Curl and combing my hair out, I either use napkin to wipe fingers or run my fingers under water with one of those mesh thingies over the drain to collect the hair. Then use a piece of paper towel to pick them up and then discard as described above.

Nonie

KumakoXsd couldn't you keep track just by seeing the size of the ball each time? I mean, how does collecting it over time help you track how much you shed? Unless you collect in a different bag each time? Coz if it's all in one bag, how can you tell one day's shedding from another?

But collecting it is not a bad idea coz when you have a big bag collected, you can actually get the hair weaved into yarn and you can make yourself some clothes in any design you want. I think that'd be very resourceful of you if you did that. You wouldn't be the first, but perhaps the first using black people's hair. I dare you! Be a pioneer! Do it! Do it! Do it! :poke: