Thin shed hairs. What the...?!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
First, I think my hair is in the best condition ever! It feels strong and moisturized. But, for the past few days, when I carefully detangle, I do get a few shedded hairs. I don't panic because there are not many and I'm sure it's normal but, the ones that are shed are soft and fine. Thing is, my hair is thick and my strands are usually thicker than the shed hairs that I'm seeing. Is my HAIR thinning out with all the moisture? Or....? What's up? :help:

JustKiya

They might be temple hairs. I have hair of all different thicknesses on my head - most of it is fine, but I have some REALLY coarse hairs (looks like they migrated to my head from lower on my body :lachen: ) and some really, really fine, almost invisibly thin hairs.
Or, those could be older hairs from before you first started taking care of your hair, finally shedding.
I wouldn't worry until I saw hair on my HEAD that was significantly thinner than the rest - except for my nape and temple.

ladylibra_30

Thanks for that explanation, JK. I see hairs like that from time to time and wonder why they are so thin/fine....