What do you use to protect your hair from relaxers??

taylokc

I promise Im not got to relax anytime soon, but Im curious, what do y'all use on your hair to protect your lengths and ends before you go to your stylist?

I buy a big jar of that base creme stuff to keep on hand. I slather that all over to protect my ends when I relax. I may try conditioner next time to see what that's like.

I have a friend that uses Cholesterol conditioner on her ends. Evalina1, you may be right, I haven't used anything on my ends in a while either :nono:(unless I use a relaxer that includes a pre-relaxer treatment). This may be a contributing factor as to why I have damaged hair .:sad: I used to use B&B Oil Moisturizer (Pink and White bottle).I think I'll try EVOO for my next relaxer.

I use Chi silk infusions for whole hair and some conditioner (with mineral oil/petrolatum on my ends).

I put stinky dax on my scalp atleast 1 or 2 days before I'm going to relax it. The dax heals any scratching that otherwise will make my scalp burn during the application. I also condition the length of the hair.

I coat my ends prior to my relaxer with either Profectiv Break Free or Cantu Break Cure for an entire 3 days because they have protein in them and they offer good cuticle protection from the actual relaxer which strips the cuticles of protein.

Back