What gives your twist-outs hold?

soslychic

Ladies, I must say that I really really love the shea moisture smoothie. It moisturizes my hair great and stays that way for days. It does give more hold than my hair would have by itself, but I was looking for a tad bit more if possible. So I sprayed some tresemme hair spray on top this time after twisting with the SM smoothie. That helped it out a little bit more. So I will see how long it lasts this go around.

PinkGirlFluff

Ladies, I must say that I really really love the shea moisture smoothie. It moisturizes my hair great and stays that way for days. It does give more hold than my hair would have by itself, but I was looking for a tad bit more if possible. So I sprayed some tresemme hair spray on top this time after twisting with the SM smoothie. That helped it out a little bit more. So I will see how long it lasts this go around.

Have you tried the Shea Moisture Holding Mist? I'm trying it out on my pre-braidout braids tonight.

greenandchic

Lately I've been using a combination of either Oyin Hair Dew or Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk as a leave in and Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel for hold. I use a light oil to seal - especially the ends.

JerriBlank

I saw a new product in Whole Foods by Queen Helene(surprise,surprise) that had agave extract,as well as royal jelly extract high up on the list. All of the ingredients were nice,but these two stood out to me. I will be trying it as soon as I come out of these braids. It was $8 for a big jar. I don't remember the exact size,but my sister wanted to go half in and split it. I said hayle nawl:look: because if i like it a lot I won't want to share. The ingredients were niiicceee!

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
:lol: Yes, they still make it--it's one of my staple products since becoming natural--I really like it for my hair, but when the humidity hits, my twistouts poof up really bad using it.

I'm hoping that the Curly Meringue can withstand the summer humidity and I will use it only for the summer months. It's kinda pricey.

I think Kimmay uses this as well but she adds some extra stuff to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snZUU1rSVs8

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I saw a new product in Whole Foods by Queen Helene(surprise,surprise) that had agave extract,as well as royal jelly extract high up on the list. All of the ingredients were nice,but these two stood out to me. I will be trying it as soon as I come out of these braids. It was $8 for a big jar. I don't remember the exact size,but my sister wanted to go half in and split it. I said hayle nawl:look: because if i like it a lot I won't want to share. The ingredients were niiicceee!

i saw that too and I was shocked to say the least. I am probably going to pick it up soon.

Evolving78

Qhemet Biologics Honey Bush Tea Gel or Jamaican Mango and Lime Loc'ing Gel. it used to give me a soft hold back in the day. i will be returning to using QB's gel though. i used to love that stuff.

btw QB Gel seems to work well for 3c/4a, 4a, 4a-4b hair types.

Last edited:

allmundjoi

Qhemet Biologics Honey Bush Tea Gel or Jamaican Mango and Lime Loc'ing Gel. it used to give me a soft hold back in the day. i will be returning to using QB's gel though. i used to love that stuff.

btw QB Gel seems to work well for 3c/4a, 4a, 4a-4b hair types.

shortdub78, Ive looked at the Jamaican Mango and Lime Loc'in gel, how does it leave your twists? Are they soft? What do you put under it? TIA.

BEAUTYU2U

Currently, I don't use anything for hold (just the usual leave-in and oil) but I'm definitely thinking about getting the QB twist butter. :yep:

Last edited: