What hair growth aid have you seen the most benefit from?

Goldn

in terms of thickness or growth rate?

I've been off biotin for about a month now and I'm looking for something new. Considering diatomaceous earth

Biotin helped me immensely with thickness but not growth rate.

Misseyl

There were two young ladies bragging about lemongrass oil, so I've purchased lemongrass and lavender oils and will be incorporating them into my hair products. They claim they saw a definitely an improvement. I hope to be able to come back here to say the same thing.:afro:

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
HappyAtLast

Please share what silica as done for you. Thank you.
This is my quote from another thread. Check it too. It has good suggestions.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=20961541&highlight=silica#post20961541

In addition to your iron and a good multi, add*silica*drops. I've been using it for over a year and it's really improved the quality of my hair (and skin, and even the appearance of my veins on my feet and hands. ) I use 15 drops daily along with a Vit D supplement.*
Google "silia thicker hair"

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Mn boosts my growth rate a lot. I normally get 1/4 inch monthly, but with mn I get 1/2 inch per month. I have been using it consistently since November. I apply it about 3 times a week

Lita

The original Nioxin tablets..This stuff was incredible,unfortunately it’s no longer available,the new formula is not the same.

Happy Hair Growing!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
It’s MSM for me.

I started taking 4,000 mg of MSM per day for my melasma skin problems. Sections of my hair are getting to lengths I’ve not seen before, on myself. The crown has lengths of 26.5 inches and the nape/back is reaching to 24 inches. MSM is pushing out growth for me and Shea butter on my ends is helping me to better retain that length I do get.

KenyafromCT

It’s MSM for me.

I started taking 4,000 mg of MSM per day for my melasma skin problems. Sections of my hair are getting to lengths I’ve not seen before, on myself. The crown has lengths of 26.5 inches and the nape/back is reaching to 24 inches. MSM is pushing out growth for me and Shea butter on my ends is helping me to better retain that length I do get.
Good for you!! Which brand of MSM are you taking??

Chicoro

Good for you!! Which brand of MSM are you taking??
Thanks for asking. It’s some cheap brand I got online in France. It’s not even OptiMSM which is supposed to be better. It does super nasty, though. I was desperate to address my skin issue so that’s why I put up with the taste. It is helping with my melasma, too.

KenyafromCT

Thanks for asking. It’s some cheap brand I got online in France. It’s not even OptiMSM which is supposed to be better. It does super nasty, though. I was desperate to address my skin issue so that’s why I put up with the taste. It is helping with my melasma, too.
Ok. Maybe adding it to orange juice?

Chicoro

Ok. Maybe adding it to orange juice?
No, it’s not enough . It’s nasty. I use 4,000 mg of MSM with 2,000 mg Vit C powder in just enough fruit juice to dissolve it and drink it. Interestingly, the powdered Vitamin C added is what cuts the taste for me! I know because I got a vitamin c mix and used that instead once when I ran out of pure vitamin c powder. For my palate, MSM is some nasty, nasty tasting stuff, period. With Vitamin C this is supportable for me. It works the best with little liquid and vitamin c, as I continue to take it consistently. The important thing is to follow up with at least one glass of water!

KenyafromCT

No, it’s not enough . It’s nasty. I use 4,000 mg of MSM with 2,000 mg Vit C powder in just enough fruit juice to dissolve it and drink it. Interestingly, the powdered Vitamin C added is what cuts the taste for me! I know because I got a vitamin c mix and used that instead once when I ran out of pure vitamin c powder. For my palate, MSM is some nasty, nasty tasting stuff, period. With Vitamin C this is supportable for me. It works the best with little liquid and vitamin c, as I continue to take it consistently. The important thing is to follow up with at least one glass of water!
Ahh ok. Wow. I have been taking it all wrong. I was adding it to my lime/ginger tea in the morning. Which is a very larger container. So I should not be diluting it that much! Ugh. I’ve been taking it all this time wrong? :oops:

Chicoro

Ahh ok. Wow. I have been taking it all wrong. I was adding it to my lime/ginger tea in the morning. Which is a very larger container. So I should not be diluting it that much! Ugh. I’ve been taking it all this time wrong? :oops:
You can dilute if you want! I don't because that's just MORE nasty tasting stuff to drink. It works your way too.

KenyafromCT

You can dilute if you want! I don't because that's just MORE nasty tasting stuff to drink. It works your way too.
As a nurse, I’m sitting here thinking about this. The more a powder is diluted, the less effective it is. I should know this. But just be all dumping the scoop into a 32 oz container!! I’ll go down to 4oz in the future.