What happened to the search tool?

AnotherLevel

i preferred the other search as well.. BUT what i have been doing and it seems to have better result is doing an actual google search. whatever i may be searching for, i type in longhaircareforum in the search as well and i get far better results than the search next to quicklinks. yes, it is a little more typing but since i have a google search box on my safari browser toolbar its not toooooo much more effort. hth

That's a great suggestion! Thanks :)

MissLeo

I protest the removal of the google search bar for more ads that I don't care about. Makes no sense to me.:huh:

Miss_C

Chiming in, I don't like using the other search tool either. It takes me to irrelevant results. The sidebar search was much better.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I agree with the others, that search bar is MUCH needed.

I can't stand having to open each and every post to see how it relates to what I searched for. The other way I could see my search words in the results to see if the subject was what I wanted without having to click in the whole post.

Meanwhile, I'm going to have to navigate away from this site to search for what I want. That could lead me elsewhere if something more interesting comes up.

I hope this is not a permanent change.:sad:

NIN4eva

Y'all aren't giving it a chance. I find it narrows it down for me to exactly what I want:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=427174

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=388214

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=380788

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=257735

Threads about Maca

Google would give me fewer results here and then send me outside the forum the same way Google.com would. As you can see from the above finds, I get only LHCF threads.

When I used the Google Search box here in LHCF I never EVER received results outside of the forum. And I've spent countless hours using the LHCF search box to look for all kinds of random hair stuff. Odd.

NIN4eva

I can't stand having to open each and every post to see how it relates to what I searched for. The other way I could see my search words in the results to see if the subject was what I wanted without having to click in the whole post.

Meanwhile, I'm going to have to navigate away from this site to search for what I want. That could lead me elsewhere if something more interesting comes up.

I wholeheartedly agree with the bolded. I'm going to use google to search LHCF fourms. The search option we're left with now is totally inefficient.

30something

Thats what I'll have to do too.. going to have to rely on the the amateurs at Yahoo! Answers to get some help :sad:

kimmy89

I concur! Bring back the google search bar! I find myself going to other forums to perform a search because the LHCF search app. is extremely inefficient. Nonie, how do use it, because I find it useless?

dancinstallion

I had been looking all over for the search button. I couldn't cope without it. But I found the one next to the new posts link and so far it is okay. I am so used to the other one because it used to bring up more posts on topic.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
I want it back too! I tried using the one on the menu bar and it told me there were no results when I know the threads I'm looking for actually exist because some of them are threads that I subscribed to. Other threads are threads that I've actually seen.

PookaMendoza

I loved the google search tool :( I've been a lurker for God knows how long and it helped me find references for everythinggggg . I don't mean to be extreme but that was a BIG part of my HHJ and growth . The other one is wayyy different and like everyone says , brings up irrelevant stuff . I really hope they bring it back :(((