What Has Contributed To Your Hair Growth...

I can say without a doubt- Daily or every other day conditioning washes. Since I stopped doing them in November (was getting sick from walking around with a damp head) my hair has not been growing anywhere near the rate as it once was. Also, I went back to curling my hair, bad idea!! Stay away from that type of heat. I was doing it 3 times a week, way less than my former every day routine and my ends got dry and thin. I've learned my lesson. Save it for special occasions!!!

Definitly moisturising the ends. It would grow, I needed a trim. It would grow but then I needed a trim. It took me years to learn and find something for my ends.

Organics Best Carrot Oil. Less expensive then Organic Root Stimulator. Not greasy so it doesn't take away from the swing when I wear it out. It has no silicones for shine but I just use my oil for that. My back is no longer thin, it was just dry. It is a staple.

Thanks for answering. Are you saying the Carrot Oil contributed to thicker hair?

In a sense.
My back(kitchen) was see thru because it was broken. The extra moisture on the hair kept it from drying out. This allows it to be its natural thickness. It was always like that so I thought it was just naturally thin.
I don't think it made the hair strands themselves thicker it has just allowed them to reach their full potential.
Moisterised so it doesn't break and split and shed.......
It is a cream and dries into the hair. I tried Profective before that but it literally ate my ends for dinner, too much protein I guess.
I really hope that helps you.

Yes, thanks it helps. I may have to look into this Carrot oil to see if it will work for me.

Moisture, moisture, moisture!!! Everynite, I pack my hair with Suave Humacant (sp?) conditioner and a homemade mixture of the following (long list):

Liquid Olive oil - Currently looking up info. Carrier Oil

Liquid Jojoba Oil - This oil resembles sebum, which is the oil the scalp secretes. For massage blends, it is best to mix approximately 50% Jojoba Oil with another carrier oil. Jojoba oil can be applied without being diluted.
Carrier Oil

Avocado butter - Very light. Avocado oil is very nourishing to the hair and contains vitamins A and E and especially large amounts of vitamin D and potassium. The avocado has the highest protein content of any fruit. Carrier Oil

Apricot Kernel Oil - Good for dry hair. Rich in essential fatty acids, Oleic and Linoleic acid. Spreads easily on the skin. Carrier Oil

Almond Oil- Non-greasy, spreads & absorbs easily and also is great for nourishing the hair. Carrier Oil

Grapeseed Oil- A light, odorless oil which contains vitamins, proteins and minerals. Contains Vitamin E and Steroids. It's an emollient and moisturizing.
Carrier Oil

Coconut Oil Butter(Virgin) - Carrier Oil

Aloe Butter, Mango Butter, Shea-Aloe Butter and Creamy Shea

Essential Oils

Basil - Promotes hair growth.

Cedarwood - Antiseptic, astringent, tonic reduces the production of sebum, normalizes both dry and oily skin and hair, stimulates the scalp and hair
follicles; used in hair care to treat dandruff and hair loss.

Chamomile - Conditions the hair, helps with making sheen.

Lavender - Scalp treatment for itchiness, dandruff, and for the smell.

Lemongrass - Useful for oily hair, help to slow down scalp oil production.

Rosemary Oil - Promotes hair growth

Tea tree: Treatment for dry scalp, oily hair, dandruff, and underactive sebaceous glands

Sandalwood - An antiseptic, astringent, anti-inflammatory; good for dry scalp.

ylang-ylang - A soothing antiseptic, helps to control the production of sebum and stimulates hair growth. An oil that can derive from a vegetable, nut or seed oil, which are used to dilute essential oil(s). These oils have therapeutic properties and presents a good source of nutrients and energy. The following oils can be used on their own, or with essential oils.

You all donn't think that this is too much do ya
shocked.gif
?

I stopped relaxing my hair from root to tip last year. (Yes, I know, even my mama told me it was a bad idea....and I've been asking for it to be done that way since I was 9...
naughty.gif
)

Needless to say after a cut last year, I can't remember the last time my hair was this long.
smile.gif

definitely protective styles(mine was a bun and daily coating the ends with water/ hair lotion and coating with hair grease)
very little heat if so only the curling iron on my roots.

Conditioner washes, little heat (I had to put my curling iron away), and stretching relaxers 12-16 weeks (instead of my old 4-5 weeks)

FIRST AND FORMOST (" THIS FORUM ")
air drying
braids
vitamins
more & more moisture
no heat
deep conditioning
trimming
all of this has led to a healthier head of hair
clap.gif
clap.gif
!!! My stylist said that this has been the first time she's seen my hair look this good! So now I know I'm headed down the right road being here!!!!!!!!!

NO Heat
Vitamins
No Poo Routine (coditioner washes)
Moisturization
Proper combing techniques

Since going back to the washing every other day but with conditioner this time my hair is already starting to grow in certain areas that seem to grow at a snails pace. I also cut out the curling iron but for special occasions.

I was already air drying and that helps also.

Definitely going natural and moisture have made all the difference. Now, breakage and split ends are virtually non-existent!

shampooing/washing
exercising
drinking more water
trimming (only when needed)
moisture
fewer touch ups
vitamins

For me, Moisture,Moisture & More Moisture,Braided Bun,Dusting,Water & E X E R C I S I N G & oiling those E N D S. HAPPY HAIR GROWING!

Finally understanding that I have to have patience when growing my hair. I was looking for the fastest way to grow my hair but I now know that it takes time to grow hair. Vitamins, a healthy diet, and drinking my water, have helped it to grow thick. Keeping it braided has helped me to retain the little bit of growth that I've experienced. Of course moisturizing it and giving it the treatments it needs (protein and clarifying shampoos for example) has helped me as well.

Moisture, Conditioner Washes or Daily Rinses, Drinking lots of Water, Vitamins and protective styles.

Lately, my hair has been growing like crazy from eating eggs daily, exercising and daily scalp massages.

Back