What I think of CD...

Mz.MoMo5235

And whether it is worth the cost or not :grin:

So I was supposed to do an update on this forever ago but forgot. But now that I'm going to India, i figured I needed to get my review in before I left.

On 2/25/11 I received my order of CD and started using it that day on forward. I really like the products and how they felt on my hair. I ordered:

Tui shampoo
Tui conditioner
Original Hair Milk
Healthy Hair Butter

At the time of ordering I was pretty much HL and continued to be HL up until about 3wks ago (I think) wen I cut back to WL

***WARNING****
CD WAS NOT THE PRODUCT THAT GREW MY HAIR TO ANY LENGTHS!!!! I used cheapie prods that you can get from wal-mart or target. By no means Am I saying that you need CD to grow your hair. YOU DO NOT!!!!

I would recommend the products to others and have done so already. I am mostly impressed with the hair milk. I think the poo and cond are great but I'm sure I can get something similar for cheaper. But the hair milk is now a perm staple for me. I dont have a bad hair day with it... EVER!

I use the poo and cond 1-2x per wk every week since 2/25/11

I use the hair milk as needed which is usually about 3-5x a wk

the healthy hair butter is used once a wk to every other wk on my scalp only.

Now, here are pix of what's been used

The whole set

This is what's left of the poo and hair milk. Since you cant see through the hair milk bottle i drew a red line to show where its at

The conditioner is pretty much almost all gone :( it feels really nice on my hair but I will be trying out Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Hair Masque because its cheaper, local, and bigger

I still have a butt load of the healthy hair butter. I use this on my scalp plus I use it on my straightened hair.

Long story short is that I will be buying more hair milk. I will try other poos and cond to see what's better and will revisit if needed.

I started using these items mid Feb and it is now mid Apr so:

The cond lasted for 2mos at $20 ($10 per mos)
The poo may last 3-4mos at $12.50 ($3-$5 per mos)
The butter may last a 6mos-1yr at $10.50 ($0.90-$2 per mos)
The milk may last 3-4mos at $20 ($5-$7per mos)

So to ME (might be different for you) the cond isnt worth it if the Shea Moisture stuff works close to the same. The poo isnt that bad and could be a re-buy if I dont find another poo I like). The butter is a no brainer, I will re-buy. The hair milk... I hate to say it, but its a re-buy. I waste $7 a month on nonsense any way, I might as well waste it on something I love. That will just be one less burger meal in my tummy that my waist line can do with out.

Soooo.... Sorry so long, but I dont know how to tell a short story.

WyrdWay

Thanks for that review! I've been tring to decide weather I should try CD or not. I think they have some at my wall mart.

Ohhh and havefun in India! I have always wanted to go there :D you should see all of the sanscrit and hindu apps on my phone!

MsChelle

Thanks for that review! I love the Tui products and will try the Hair Milk. If you like the Healthy Hair Butter you should try Some of Margerite's Magic......LOVE that stuff. Not crazy about anything else from her line that I have tried though. Have fun in India!!!

EllePixie

I'm glad you like it...that Hair Milk was no bueno on my hair...I liked the Khoret Amen Smoothie but for the price I can get something better.

classychic1908

It's great you found a new staple in the hair milk. It did nothing for my hair. I wasn't impressed with any of the CD products that I tried.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Same here. I can find better products locally for cheaper. They smell nice though.
Ugh, you like the smell? To me the smell alone makes me not want to use the products. OP, I got some CD on hand that I'll let you have for cheap barely used. I don't care for them at all.:nono:

glamazon386

Ugh, you like the smell? To me the smell alone makes me not want to use the products. OP, I got some CD on hand that I'll let you have for cheap barely used. I don't care for them at all.:nono:

:lol: Not all the products. I liked the bath and body products. The almond cookie, jamaican punch, etc. I did like how the Tui hair products smelled. My roommate is a faithful user of the oil.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
:lol: Not all the products. I liked the bath and body products. The almond cookie, jamaican punch, etc. I did like how the Tui hair products smelled. My roommate is a faithful user of the oil.

Oh ok. I haven't tried or smelled the body products. But I have the hair products that simply turn me off.

ETA: the Tui Herbal Shampoo does smell alright.

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

you know, i've heard a lot of not so good things about CD which is why i hesitated to try it. the only reason i tried it is because my best friend who swears by it let me use her whole line for a weekend lol

she decided to skip out on washing her own hair so that i could use her stuff and i was in love.

i dont know why, but my hair just loves that hair milk!!!! i ordered 2 more bottles 2day shipping so i can take it with me.

I'm glad you like them. But, I'm going to pass. I used the Hair Milk when I actively relaxed. It was nice and all. But, after trying other product lines, I decided to spend $ on them since they were better on my hair.

Janet'

I've never tried CD, but thanks for the review! Have fun in India, make sure to take lots of pics!!!

me-T

hate to make anybody feel bad, but this review is easily my fave. you used it for a good long time(you know stuff is runnin low when you have to turn the bottle upside down:lachen: ) and i like the price breakdowns. have fun in india!

Prudent1

I tried CD early in my HHJ. It was alright. I like the DB hair milks better. Have you tried them? If so what was your take? I did like and would re-purchase the HHButter but only for use during the colder months.
ETA: I'm glad they seem to work good for you!

Last edited:

kami02

Be careful with the Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Hair Masque. I had to throw this in the garbage (and I never throw out products) because my hair started breaking after four weeks of using this. I stopped using for a while and then I took it to the Dominican salon and she put it in and immediately rinsed it out and told me not to use it.

Mz.MoMo5235

Be careful with the Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Hair Masque. I had to throw this in the garbage (and I never throw out products) because my hair started breaking after four weeks of using this. I stopped using for a while and then I took it to the Dominican salon and she put it in and immediately rinsed it out and told me not to use it.

HOLY CRAP!!!! REALLY?!?!?! *having skala flashbacks* JEBUS NNNOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Mz.MoMo5235

I tried CD early in my HHJ. It was alright. I like the DB hair milks better. Have you tried them? If so what was your take? I did like and would re-purchase the HHButter but only for use during the colder months.
ETA: I'm glad they seem to work good for you!

Prudent1

what that is? :spinning:

Mz.MoMo5235

hate to make anybody feel bad, but this review is easily my fave. you used it for a good long time(you know stuff is runnin low when you have to turn the bottle upside down:lachen: ) and i like the price breakdowns. have fun in india!

me-T

this is only my 2nd review thread (1st one warning people about bandwagons lol) so i was hopeful that i had all the info needed and that it would be helpful to a few at least :D

chebaby

most people dont like carols daughter but i do.
before i found this site my relaxed ends were braking so bad because i never used a moisturizer. just african pride oil lol. anyway i heard someone mention CD on the radio and weeks later purchased it.
the hair butter(at that time a different formula) changed my hair for the better. my ends stopped braking and i loved the earthy smell. i used that stuff everyday. then i purchased all her other products.
when i came here i slowly fazed her stuff out.
i went natural and the first few months the only thing that kept my hair soft was her hair milk.
her Tui shampoo is so moisturizing i love it.
the milk in the brown bottle(havent tried this new milk) is amazing for my hair, i love it.

when i was transitioning i would deep condition over night with one of her smoothies and in the morning had no issues with softness or detangling. the comb just slipped right through my 11 months of new growth.

when relaxed i also loved her hair balm. i havent used it since but i may repurchase.

im def. getting her new manoi conditioner and mask this weekend.

chebaby

this mask did nothing for my hair. im still holding on to it for some odd reason though. i really wanted to like it but:nono:

chebaby

oh i forgot to mention that last Feb. we had a major snow storm. i was stuck at work for a full week TWICE:nono: anyway the second time we were more prepared and they put us in a hotel so i brought along my hair products. i brought 3 things: oyin HH conditioner, sunshine products sunshine shea butter and carols daughter hair milk. i co washed everyday during that snow storm and used cd hair milk and sunshine (shea butter, evoo and vit. e) to seal and i wore a puff everyday in that snow storm and had no breakage or dryness.

Geminigirl

I did like the smell of the hair butter. I used this while relaxed, and it kept my ends strong and healthy and my hair was shiny. I used to love unwrapping my hair and smelling that.
A little bit went a long way for me.