What inch flat iron are you using?

Fabulous1

How do you choose the size in inches for a flat iron. I am buying a Sedu and not sure if it is determined by the length or thickness of my hair. Please help!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
The wider the plates, the bigger sections you can do, so your hair gets done faster

The smaller the plates, the closer you can get to the scalp. You have to use smaller sections, so it takes longer. But most people can get their hair straighter, since the sections you're working with are smaller. Also, some smaller flat irons are rounded so you can do flips and spiral curls and all that :yep:

I use a 1'' :D

Rastafarai

Mizchari,

I would recommend the 1"

Any reason why you chose the Sedu over the other models? Also, are you buying the original Sedu or the Nano technology?

I am still trying to decide on which flat iron to buy. :(

Fabulous1

Mizchari,

I would recommend the 1"

Any reason why you chose the Sedu over the other models? Also, are you buying the original Sedu or the Nano technology?

I am still trying to decide on which flat iron to buy. :(

I didnt like the way the Maxiglide might have snatched my hair and a lot of ladies recommended the Sedu. That was going to be my next questions to everyone is if the nano was much smaller than the original hence the name "nano" or was it just the technology. If its the same size than im going with the nano.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I think the original Sedu is 1 1/4 inches and the new Nano one is 1 inch. You can do flips and waves and spirals with it. I want one!!!

naturalpride

I'm using the Babyliss Pro TT 1" Flat Iron and I notice that it gets closer to the roots.

Last edited:

Thann

I would go with the 1" Nano also. I have the orginal Chi and Sedu, and I prefer my Sedu.

I'm also thinking about gifting myself with the Sedu Nano this Christmas so please be sure to post a detailed review.

rayness

I have only used it a couple of times but I have the bigger Sedu and it got real close to the roots when I used it. But I guess it depends on what your are most comfortable with.

pisceschica

I would go with the 1" Nano also. I have the orginal Chi and Sedu, and I prefer my Sedu.

I'm also thinking about gifting myself with the Sedu Nano this Christmas so please be sure to post a detailed review.

I personally dont think the nano is as good as the original. . the original is great on natural hair (i've used it on all types including my own) the nano not so much. .

Fabulous1

I personally dont think the nano is as good as the original. . the original is great on natural hair (i've used it on all types including my own) the nano not so much. .

So you have used the nano? Is it smaller in size compared to the original and does which straightens the roots the best??