What is "full" apl, bsl, etc?

anon123

Can someone tell me what you guys mean when you say "full" apl, bsl, wl, etc. Does that mean that for every part of your head, (the back, the crown, the sides, and the front), the hair there can reach to your armpit, your bra band, your waist, etc.?

Also, I have a question about how you measure your hair. I see people saying they have twenty-something inches of hair but then I look at their pictures and their hair looks bsl or something. My best guess for this was that they are measuring from their forehead to the tip of their hair in the back, rather than saying that there is any actual hair on them that is twenty-something inches long. Is that right? Does this mean if someone has a fade or twa and their head is 12" from forehead to nape, that they would say their hair is 12"?

_belle

now im just a little newbie, but I think the "full bsl/wl/etc" means exactly what you said. . . all of their hair is that one length. . . but I could also see it meaning, full, like fullness @ that length. . . not the raggedy ends or the one or two pieces that stretch to the length. . . but then again, I'm not sure. I actually mean BOTH when i say I am going for FULL sl

freshlikemoi

Full APL is when most strands hit the goal. For example, in my avatar my hair is inching toward it, but is not quite APL. In other words, full APL is "no questions about it APL". Ya dig? I don't think the front of your hair has to be APL or your goal in order to claim it. Some peoples front tend to be shorter because of the manipulation. bangs and various hairstyles throughout the years.

Traycee

now im just a little newbie, but I think the "full bsl/wl/etc" means exactly what you said. . . all of their hair is that one length. . . but I could also see it meaning, full, like fullness @ that length. . . not the raggedy ends or the one or two pieces that stretch to the length. . . but then again, I'm not sure.

Thats what I thought as well.......Like I want full BSL I have the V shaped hair..Shorter in the front....

almondjoi85

yeah i agree with everyone here. FULL meaning not just a few strands or the ends are barely reaching the line. I consider my hair to be grazing or skimming APL not full APL

HighlyFavored1

Thats what I thought as well.......Like I want full BSL I have the V shaped hair..Shorter in the front....

I agree with this point. My hair grows in a V and so the middle always reaches a length before the sides do. The very very tip of my V is starting to graze BSL, but IMO my hair is much closer to getting to trying to achieve a full APL.

I consider hair to be a full length once all of the hairs in the middle and sides (but not necessarily the front) touch that length. It just looks longer and fuller at that point. But i definitely think someone can claim a length before they hit the full length. (I wont be claiming BSL for a while though :eek: )

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Full APL is when most strands hit the goal. For example, in my avatar my hair is inching toward it, but is not quite APL. In other words, full APL is "no questions about it APL". Ya dig? I don't think the front of your hair has to be APL or your goal in order to claim it. Some peoples front tend to be shorter because of the manipulation. bangs and various hairstyles throughout the years.

I think so too. When it's clear that you're hair is at APL or BSL and it looks full thick and even. No need to make it complicated. That's how I see it. Now I don't particularly agree with the top of your hair having to be the same length as the bottom because some people's hair just doesn't grow that way.

Traycee

I think so too. When it's clear that you're hair is at APL or BSL and it looks full thick and even. No need to make it complicated. That's how I see it. Now I don't particularly agree with the top of your hair having to be the same length as the bottom because some people's hair just doesn't grow that way.

:lachen::lachen:I can still have hope !!!!( At bolded above)

youwillrise

yeah,

my hair will pretty much never be "full" anything
because my hair isnt even and it wont be

i dont really mind, though...as long as a "good amount"
of my hair is noticeably at the length.

JustKiya

ITA agree with the above... as far as 'full' goes. I (personally) want to see if I can wait til all my hair (front back, side to side) is at a length before I claim 'full'. So, I might JUST be claiming full SL, and my back might be creeping towards (or at!) APL.... I don't know - it should be interesting. :grin:

As far as the 12/20 inches thing, I think people measure from the forehead, to the end of the longest piece of hair in the back. So, with a TWA, where the piece in the back is only 1/2 in long, yeah, most of that length would be their head.... :lol: Until you are full neck lenth/shoulder length, I don't think that 'forehead to tip' measurement is very accurate.