What is so special about Dominican blow outs and products?

Junonia

Is there a difference in dominican products and let's say Pantene Relaxed and Natural or Creme of Nature product line( just giving examples). Why does everyone rave about Dominican products? I know the blow outs make your hair straight, but is there a difference between that and taking a hot comb to your roots?

I am not knocking any of the above. If the Dominican products are better, please let me know and I will buy. The blow outs I will stay away from though, my hair can't take it;)

JLove74

Ineedhair said:
Is there a difference in dominican products and let's say Pantene Relaxed and Natural or Creme of Nature product line( just giving examples). Why does everyone rave about Dominican products? I know the blow outs make your hair straight, but is there a difference between that and taking a hot comb to your roots?

I am not knocking any of the above. If the Dominican products are better, please let me know and I will buy. The blow outs I will stay away from though, my hair can't take it;)

I guess their products are like the rest - just depends on what works best for your hair. I for one, can;t use Pantene, but I liked the shampoo from creme of nature. It's trial and effort type thing.

The blowout give my hair more movement that the old hot comb used too.

janeemat

I just posted a thread about Dominican products. I was reading the ingredients and I must admit that the products that I'm using has lot's more better ingredients that what I just ordered. I'll will see what happens. Reading the ingredients, I don't think that Ill be replacing what I'm using with all Dominican products. They will just be in the mix.

Junonia

janeemat said:
I just posted a thread about Dominican products. I was reading the ingredients and I must admit that the products that I'm using has lot's more better ingredients that what I just ordered. I'll will see what happens. Reading the ingredients, I don't think that Ill be replacing what I'm using with all Dominican products. They will just be in the mix.

I think I will have to start to pay more attention to ingredients in any product. If two products generally have the same ingredients and one costs more, I am going to try the less expensive brand.

janeemat

Comparing to the other products I use (Aveda, PhytoSpecific, Nexxus) I found Dominican to be cheap. I purchase 5 con for $50 bucks. If they don't work for me, I'll just use them as prepoo with some oils in them.

CynamonKis

1. This is a dumb question: what is a Dominican blow-out, would someone please explain the process to me?
2. I think Tropical Avocado is dominican (I don't know if it is--it has Spanish writing on it). I like it because it works AND it is Cheap (4.00 per large container). I use it after henna, conditions well, gives my hair lustre and shine..

janeemat said:
Comparing to the other products I use (Aveda, PhytoSpecific, Nexxus) I found Dominican to be cheap. I purchase 5 con for $50 bucks. If they don't work for me, I'll just use them as prepoo with some oils in them.

OneInAMillion

Ineedhair said:

This site answers some of your questions about Dominican products: http://www.roundbrushhair.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=4

Personally, I find that Dominican products are really good at leaving my hair properly moisturized from week to week. My hair is texturized, and the biggest problem I have to face is dryness, esp. on my ends. In the past, other products have simply cleaned my hair and made it tangled, or reduced tangles and left buildup. I find that Dominican products are great at doing both at once. Also, many products contain 3-step systems: shampoo, conditioner, and a rinse and this works really well for my hair. This process is a main reason why I patronize Dominican salons, as they don't just slap on some conditioner. Good salons will give you a conditioner that works for your hair type (relaxed, texturized, or natural) and make sure to detangle fully with conditioner.

Back to the products tho...I've been a Nexxus fan in the past, but since having my hair texturized, there's not much in that line that works for me anymore.

Junonia

CynamonKis said:
1. This is a dumb question: what is a Dominican blow-out, would someone please explain the process to me?
2. I think Tropical Avocado is dominican (I don't know if it is--it has Spanish writing on it). I like it because it works AND it is Cheap (4.00 per large container). I use it after henna, conditions well, gives my hair lustre and shine..

After you sit under the dryer they section your hair and blow it from the root with a round brush. It's really straightens your hair especially if you have new growth.

CynamonKis

Good site -- I guess the Tropical Avocado I've been using for years is, in fact, a Dominican product.....

Ineedhair said:
That's a great website. I like the fact they give you the ingredients of the product.

CynamonKis

I am new to the "Dominican" product world; the blow-outs sound interesting, I may try it one day; However, I was turned on to Tropical Avocado 4 yrs ago by someone on this board who used it after henna treatments and since that time I have been using the product as a result of that recommendation. It is cheap and works very well....I only discovered today that it was a Dominican product! Imagine that....

OneInAMillion said:
This site answers some of your questions about Dominican products: http://www.roundbrushhair.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=4

Personally, I find that Dominican products are really good at leaving my hair properly moisturized from week to week. My hair is texturized, and the biggest problem I have to face is dryness, esp. on my ends. In the past, other products have simply cleaned my hair and made it tangled, or reduced tangles and left buildup. I find that Dominican products are great at doing both at once. Also, many products contain 3-step systems: shampoo, conditioner, and a rinse and this works really well for my hair. This process is a main reason why I patronize Dominican salons, as they don't just slap on some conditioner. Good salons will give you a conditioner that works for your hair type (relaxed, texturized, or natural) and make sure to detangle fully with conditioner.

Back to the products tho...I've been a Nexxus fan in the past, but since having my hair texturized, there's not much in that line that works for me anymore.

OneInAMillion

CynamonKis said:
I am new to the "Dominican" product world; the blow-outs sound interesting, I may try it one day; However, I was turned on to Tropical Avocado 4 yrs ago by someone on this board who used it after henna treatments and since that time I have been using the product as a result of that recommendation. It is cheap and works very well....I only discovered today that it was a Dominican product! Imagine that....

Even though I really shouldn't, I'm very tempted to try this...I hear so many reviews about this product. It seems cheap enough~