What is the best way to improve the moisture level in your hair?

Best method to improve moisture level in hair is......

• Deep Conditioning

Votes: 312 61.1%
  • Co-washing

Votes: 85 16.6%
  • Baggying

Votes: 68 13.3%
  • other (be specific)

Votes: 46 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I put "other". I don't really care too much about moisturizing these days (I know, I'm weird), but if I did I would follow the best method for me which is to apply a moisturizing to my slightly damp hair and then let it dry in a protective style.

I voted for deep conditioning as this is the only thing that would soften my hair and make it truly manageable, especially when I am stretching my relaxers.

Try OJON Restorative Treatment. After about 3 uses, you will definitely see more moisture in your hair. I saw more after the first use.

I picked other because I have found that using Porosity Control Conditioner (Roux) once a week has helped me hold onto moisture so much longer.

Deep Conditioning with a protein/moisture blend conditioner weekly, co-washing daily and avoiding heavy products and oils.

Hydrate yourself internally.................. WATER
Speaking for myself, my hair would snap constantly in the crown and nape area, and i tried all the choices in the poll.

UP'd my water game, nourished my thirsty roots and I don't have a problem anymore with snapping. Of course, I gotta put a lil creme on my hair to protect it but this is only during the winter months..

Hint, Hint.......Cowashing and hair growth hmmmmmm WATER does a hair strand good ladies!!

Last edited:
I Voted Deep Conditioning. And Mostly Deep Conditioning with Heat. Either Steamer, Heat Cap or Dryer.:yep:

I do agree, Drinking Water plays an important part in your overall Health.

Baggying would have been my 2nd Choice.:yep:

Making sure you have your protein balanced.

As soon as your protein is balanced, your hair will be receptive to moisture.

That's why I always use them together.

I chose other because you have to correct your porosity. You can DC and baggy and all that, but its pointless if your hair cannot hold in the moisture you put in it. Seal up those hair cuticles!

Using Roux Porosity control helped my hair retain the moisture I was putting in with DCs. I was able to cut in half the frequency of my DCing and my hair remained soft and shiny between washes. Lots of threads on this product.

DC'ing is my foundation for moisture, but when I want more moisture I pre-poo (with Suave Conditioner) then co-wash with Vo5 Moisture Milks.

My hair is prone to dryness, so while I voted for deep conditioning, but in reality, I do everything..DC, moisturizer, PC, and Cowashing. Everything except baggying (my ends don't like baggying).

Roux Fermodyl "Special" Extra Strength for color treated hair (bcuz i use a permanent black dye every 6wks to cover gray):grin:

works wonders and stops breakage during 8wk stretch.

old thread but...

its probably product build-up....you can put a zillion moisturizers and etc in your hair--but if its not penetrating the hair shaft due to products thats already on on your strands then..

try clarifying and then adding the products...

DCing all the way! I tried baggying and got BREAKAGE GALORE, yucky! :nono:

Also, for some reason just rinsing my hair with water in the shower has got my natural 4a hair blinging like I don't know what! And my ends are buttery soft all week. :lick:

(I do a co-wash midweek also.)

Deep conditioning for me.
When I co-wash my hair only stays moisturized until my hair fully dries.
After a good deep condition, my hair stays moisturized for days :yep:

first I would clarify
then I would deep condish with a moisture condish(like neutrogena triple moist) mixed with ur fav. Oil (a couple tablespoons) under heat...

subbin :-D

I pre-poo with olive oil and DC 1x per week and that isnt really helping with my moisture so im gonna try 2x and get a clarifying shampoo...I tried a clarifying shampoo once (dont remember the brand but I bought it from a friend that sold quixstar) and my hair felt SOOO dry while washing, is that normal?? Can anyone recommend a good clarifying shampoo for 4b coarse natural hair??

^ I could really use some advice on this as well. I did an overnight DC and did not get the moisturized results I had hoped for....

I noticed some build up on my scalp so I may need to clarify. But I need a clarifying poo that does not strip my hair.
Also any recommendations for a great DC for 4B natural hair????
Help please!

Back