What is the difference ...

spanishteardrops

Always follow your heart
between a mild and regular protein treatment?? I use Smooth n Shine hot oil and silkener once a week and they both have keratine protein in them...but the oil says can be used for daily use is this a mild protein treatment?

Nonie

I think reconstructors are "mild protein treatments". Mild because they have moisturizing properties in addition to the protein instead of being just pure protein. So perhaps that's the difference. Good leave-in moisturizers have water listed as one of the first ingredients and so probably the same would apply with a moisturizing protein conditioner aka mild protein conditioner. I don't know if there's a way to find out for sure if a product is OK to use without trying it or hearing reviews from those who have, especially if it says it's OK for daily use. Everyone's hair responds differently. Many pple use Infusium leave-in with great success while others experience breakage due to the protein in it that leads to hard, brittle hair. So if the instructions say it's for daily use and you're not experiencing hardness in your hair due to too much protein, then I'd say it's OK to use daily. I'd only change a regimen if I were having problems with a product or procedure.

spanishteardrops

Always follow your heart
oooh ok Thanks!
I haven't had any problem with breakage yet. Both of them have oils and water in them so that prob why I havent had any breakage. Thanks again