What is the longest you have managed to not go to a salon?

I have not been to the hair salon since New Years Eve. That's a very big deal for me because for years I was a rain, hail, sleet or snow patron. My stylist could always count on me to be there.

After I completed my transition I would only go for my trims but I've learned to trim my own hair and don't feel the need to go to the salon for even that, but I do think i'm going to go to the salon at the end of year for a professional trim.

Last edited:
it was over ten years until yesterday i went to get senegalese twists at a braiding salon. i don't know if that counts, since i washed, conditioned and blow dryed myself. i put in my own moisturizer and sealant, and they just did the twists.

waste of $200 if you ask me. 8 hours and a head FULL of bulky twists. they kept telling me the hot water would make them shrink. didn't happen. it LOOKS fine, but the point of me getting them was so that i can easily throw them up in a pony to work out or bun. but it's so friggin thick, i can barely get a headband around it. so i'm going back today to either get my money back or have them redo them. i knew there was a reason i kept people out of my hair...

4 years. But once you reach a certain length and want your hair cut a certain way....a stylist is your best option.

Sending BeautifulFlowers from my iPhone

I haven't been since my last relaxer in November 2009 but I plan to treat myself this Christmas. I had 2 good stylists, I just no longer felt like paying for services that I could do myself. But I need a nice first trim since going natural so it'll be a christmas present to myself.

Going on over 3 years now

right before that, went infrequently since my mom did my hair majority of the time...

in JHS to my early HS years I went every two weeks fora blow out...

Now I just dont trust anyone in my hair

Back