What is the longest you have managed to not go to a salon?

I've NEVER been to a salon LOL. I have thought about going once I have the baby to treat myself but the horror stories have turned me off.

the last time I went to the salon I went to get my hair cut and that was before I decided to go natural.....hmmm, been natural 1yr as of the 21st of this month...transitioned for 9mths before that...so that had to be about June/July of 2009 If I'm remebering correctly. :)

I haven't been over a year, but I've never really cared for salons either. I can't wait to see what my hair is going to look like in a year or two without some angry natural hair hating stylist ripping a comb through my locks.

It's been 3.5 years. I honestly don't see myself ever going back to one ever again. I've become extremely DIY with my hair. I trust no one else with my hair except my sister.

It's been 7 years for me. I'm natural and wear wash and gos most of the time. I flat iron my hair myself 2-3 times per year, and do my own trims.

It's been about 3 years. When I was relaxed I went every week, lol. I have no problem doing my own hair for special occasions.

It's been 7 years for me. I'm natural and wear wash and gos most of the time. I flat iron my hair myself 2-3 times per year, and do my own trims.

Any self trim tips? I honestly would be happy if I never had to go back. The only thing that makes me hesitant is trims. Also, I would like to get a press that has some 'swang' as people say. I am not sure how to do it on my own.

Over 7 months and counting.

I went in for a relaxer touch up on December 10, 2010. She switched to Affirm from my beloved Design Essentials and that was all she wrote. I got tired of not having any control over stuff like that. She could just change whenever she wanted. I thought about buying my own products and giving them to her, but what's the point in that??

No plans to go back at all. I'm a total self-relaxer, trimmer, stylist, etc. Even with the holiday party season coming in a few months, I know I can do my hair myself for any occasion. I like simple styles anyway.

lol the longest I have gone is 8 months :/ I usually go every 3 to get my texturizer cause there's no way I'm doing that myself. I cant even tell where my new growth starts lol

Back