What is the one thing that you find consistent

audacity.

when reading the regimens of those who have grown their hair long? Not everyone co-washes or pre-poos or takes supplements or uses growth "potions" or baggies. I am finding that most folks who have grown their hair (let's say from SL ---> MBL) on the boards SEAL with some type of oil or grease, especially the ends, on a regular basis.

Would y'all agree that this is the one thing that EVERYONE does to help retain length and achieve overall growth?

Is there any other practice that repeats itself in regimen after regimen for those who have grown their hair long?

LovelyZ

I agree with those mentioned.

also noticed relaxer stretching is very common (those who relax)

CurliDiva

Actually lots of my hair inspirations do con wash regularly (several times oer week), take vitamains, even use a growth aide such as MTG, BT or MN -- so I giving it a TRY. If I had to pick just one - most use a pretective style and limit combing/brushing. I guess that is actually two!:D

BrickbyBrick

My answer is in the title of your thread:lol:

consistency. These ladies don't fool around with their reggies once they've fine tuned it, whether they wash it every other day, every week or every two weeks.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Four strategies seem common between ladies who have grown past SL:

Strategy 1. Protective styling (thus, protecting the ends)
Strategy 2. Stretching relaxers
Strategy 3. Little to no manipulation (includes no combing/brushing)
Strategy 4. Condition washes or washing frequently

locabouthair

the one thing I see most often is low manipulation no combing. a lot of the women here that have grown their hair BSL or longer comb only once a week on wash days.

HoneyDew

I find that most don't jump on bandwagons or use topical growth aids.

They just use what works and let their hair grow.

Southernbella.

Story said:

consistency. These ladies don't fool around with their reggies once they've fine tuned it, whether they wash it every other day, every week or every two weeks.

ITA! This is the only common thread I've been able to find. :grin:

tatje

lauren450 said:
ITA! This is the only common thread I've been able to find. :grin:

Lauren450- I love your hair. It's so full.

I find that most stretch and wash about once a week or longer.

longhairluva

I find that most stetch for longer than 6 weeks (if relaxed) and the have a good moisture/protein balance. That's it. Once you find your balance you are on your way. I don't think it's a specific product line or anything because many of the longer hair ladies use store brands. So I just think it is the protein/moisture balance.:)

camellia

I haven't found anything that all of the long hair ladies agree on.:lol:

Some wash once a week, some wash every day.

Some use growth aids or take vitamins, some don't.

Some co-wash, some shampoo and deep conditon....

The list goes on.

I have my set things that I always do for my hair and another lady with long hair does just the opposite.

sareca

LovelyZ said:
I agree with those mentioned.

also noticed relaxer stretching is very common (those who relax)
:yep: and conditioning before neutralizing seems to be popular too.

SvelteVelvet

The one thing I've found consistent with people with long hair is that they did nothing special, they didn't do anything damaging, and they remained consistent in their hair regimen in it's simplicity with patience. Nothing exciting, no big quick fix.

CAPlush

I think using protective styles. Not that other things aren't important, but out of the ladies who have grown their hair out (not counting ladies who showed up here with long hair already) I have not seen anyone do it wearing their hair down every day.

SvelteVelvet

Story said:

Exactly! And my reason for making the Consistency Challenge..gotta go find it and bump it.

Empress Yahudah

HoneyDew
I find that most don't jump on bandwagons or use topical growth aids.
They just use what works and let their hair grow.
Story

SvelteVelvet
The one thing I've found consistent with people with long hair is that they did nothing special, they didn't do anything damaging, and they remained consistent in their hair regimen in it's simplicity with patience. Nothing exciting, no big quick fix.

I agree with u all ..the one's that I admire with BSL or longer full hair seem to all have this in common also... vitamins/supplements and moisture

audacity.

OT: when i posted, i (honestly) didn't think the "long" haired ladies would jump in. thank you to those who did! it really helps hearing it from the horses mouth ;)

LocksOfLuV

The only thing that I say repeats it'self in 'successful' reggies is moisture. Every last person with long hair on this board (that I know of) maintains a moisture balance to their strands with daily moisturizing and/or dcing in some form.

I notice growth aides and all of that unnec. stuff come and go but moisture stays consistent.

LocksOfLuV

SvelteVelvet said:

EXACTLY. They keep it super simple too. None of that complicated, mad scientist stuff with a million products.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Moisturizing. Of all my long hair inspirations, I'd say they're pretty even on how many wash frequently vs infrequently or protective styles vs out styles, but they all seem to be consistent with their moisturizing.