What is your favorite thing about your hair?

Phoenix

I was just thinking that instead of complaining about the things we don't like about our hair we should start focusing on the things we do like. From what I've seen there is LOTS of beautiful hair on this board so we have a lot to brag about! So I'll start... I guess my favorite thing about my hair is that it is really thick. Oh, and it's also really resiliant. Despite all the horrible things I've done to it in the past (relaxers, permanent color, and WAY too much heat) it's still hanging in there.

I like the fact that my hair has a lot of movement, it's shiny and it seems to grow back quickly. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

That dispite the mis-haps I've had in the past: scissor happy stylists hacking TONNES off /images/graemlins/mad.gif, using hairdriers followed by curling irons religiously /images/graemlins/crazy.gif, colouring my hair (years and years ago) which eventually broke my hair, my hair has still managed to grow back.

Its TLC from here onwards /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

That even though its neither super long nor super thick; IT'S ALL MINE! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I like my hair cuz it's gettin' to a healthy state, moves alot, it's thick and bouncy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now all I'm wanting is for it to grow a couple more inches!

Karima /images/graemlins/cool.gif

This is a good thread, we need positive energy for our hair. I thank God for these two lovely qualities that my hair possess- I love the fact that my hair grows fast, and I also love that it is thick

I love the fact that my hair grows pretty fast under the right conditions and that it is shiny and definetely healthy and well for now the length fits my personality. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're so right we need to keep the positivity up.
I like that my hair grows back quickly, and is thick and healthy, and all the compliments I get on it when I do wear it down and people stop staring me down /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

I like the fact that my hair is a trooper. No matter what I do to it, it keeps hanging on...pun intended. I like the way it takes "molding" well..no need for hair sprays, foams or lotions and curls can last over a week, after removing rollers. I also like the fact that it's healthy and long. Overall I guess I wouldn't trade it for anything. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Phoenix, I'm loving the positivity here. My favorite thing about my hair is that when I work hard to take care of it and use the right products, it responds favorably. It looks so much healthier since I've been on my regimen so I know the time I spend on it (and $$) is all worthwhile.

I guess my favorite thing would have to be the fact that it keeps growing which leads me to hope for the best. Like I said in another post, I was always told that I looked best in very, very short hair but I'm looking forward to seeing how I look with hair down my back--Lord willing. The fact that it grows (without much shedding/breakage) /images/graemlins/smile.gifis enough for me!

I like the fact that I can now(since it's healthy and shiny) go from naturally curly to 'naturally' straight.

My favorite thing about my hair is that right now I'm at a length where I can do so many different styles!! I love doing twist-outs and air-drying; they make my hair look so thick! It's nice having different options, and not being stuck with just one look all the time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also like how healthy my ends are now that I've stopped using the curling iron daily and I've been doing deep conditioners and hot oil treatments on a regular basis. No more frizzy ends like I used to have!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif My ponytail used to be a ball of frizz... now my ends are nice and sleek.

i like how thick my hair is. i'm also feeling the length... when i do wear it down. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
That dispite the mis-haps I've had in the past: scissor happy stylists hacking TONNES off /images/graemlins/mad.gif , using hairdriers followed by curling irons religiously /images/graemlins/crazy.gif, colouring my hair (years and years ago) which eventually broke my hair, my hair has still managed to grow back.

Its TLC from here onwards /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/images/graemlins/frown.gif @ the mo the only thing i can say really is that i love the health of it i gess /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

That it still has shine /images/graemlins/smile.gif.Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Overall health!! , shine!!, thickness!!! lenght!! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm so in love with my hair right now!

<font color="purple"> Good thread! I like that my hair has put up with a lot and is still on my head and growing! It put up with highlights, no lye relaxer and being blow dried every weekend and yet is still pretty thick and passed my shoulders in spite of it all. </font>

I can't talk about my favorite thing about my hair without sounding like I'm tooting my own horn. Basically, my favorite thing is how gosh darn beautiful it is -- delicate coiffed locks the size of pen springs, that keep inching down my neck with the help of LHCF. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

What I like most about my hair is how healthy it's getting. Also it's really getting thick. No more thin strands that just lay there. My hair is starting to shout! /images/graemlins/weird.gif

gabrielle_union.jpg

What I like about my hair is that it is beginning to thicken. My hair isn't long, but at least it is beginning to get some of it's strengh back like it did before I ever started putting chemicals in it.

I can just imagin what it'll look like when it continues to gain length. I wouldn't want my hair to be long, but thin.

Back