What is your search and destroy method?

TexturedTresses

I put all my hair in a bun and pull out section by section. I then search through each section to check for split ends. Any splits I see I trim about a quarter inch above. So far I've been doing it a couple of days after my wash and set. What about you?

ayoung

Funny u posted this....

Candy C does/did this but it seemed like so much trouble.....:look:

but now---months later---i'm still struggling with splits in a certain area and decided to do this exact method a few weeks ago.

Today was the first day---I only did that problem area....but I hope to see positive results from this when next touch up rolls around

ladylibra

since i only trim once a year... i find it helpful to do small boxbraids (not too small though) and secure the ends with colored rubber bands. i work on one braid at a time, going thru all the strands of hair and snipping the ones with splits/knots/etc. when i'm all done with one section, i re-braid it and secure the end with a black rubber band (so i know not to re-inspect that braid ;) ) and move onto the next one.

plus with this method, i don't have to try to get thru my whole head in one day. i can stretch it out over a weekend or whatever :yep:

TexturedTresses

since i only trim once a year... i find it helpful to do small boxbraids (not too small though) and secure the ends with colored rubber bands. i work on one braid at a time, going thru all the strands of hair and snipping the ones with splits/knots/etc. when i'm all done with one section, i re-braid it and secure the end with a black rubber band (so i know not to re-inspect that braid ;) ) and move onto the next one.

plus with this method, i don't have to try to get thru my whole head in one day. i can stretch it out over a weekend or whatever :yep:

I like this method. I'm going to try it out next time.