How do you search and destroy....

Wishin4BSL

if you can't see all of your hairs? I just found a split end (it was a shed hair) and immediately remembered the LHCF search-and-destroy method. But my crown is like 3-4 inches shorter than the rest of my hair. So if I can't see them, how do I get the split ends out?

jaded_faerie

Im wondering this too. I plan to do this method, since I wont be cutting in 2007 as part of the LHCF bootcamp challenge

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Let your fingers be your 'eyes'...I just feel around...the ends will feel kinda 'jagged' when you feel a hair that feels like that snip the tip off. That how I do it. The longer your hair gets the easier it'll be to S & D.

HHG

JustKiya

I figure that I won't be able to S&D until my hair is long enough to actually see - until then, I'll just be trimming it all....

gradygirl

I did this method for the first time this week. It took a long time because I had alot of splits. I'll start searching more often and using this method instead of trimming all the time. I was wondering how often do most ladies do this to keep splits away?

NessaNessa

Does anyone have any other tips to add?

I will be performing a search and destroy tomorrow.

Thanks In Advance!!!

ladylibra

i never tried it until this year, and now my hair is long enough. before i just trimmed evenly and called it a day... :look:

foxieroxienyc

I do it all the time... But I don't find many splits at all. Maybe one or two, sometimes a little more. I attribute my ends being very healthy from watching closely like this though (yeah I'm a little obsessed). I do it weekly, just checking around, but it's mostly because I like to wear my hair down whenever I feel like it and my hair is shoulder length now (a little past).

I just use a mirror and my clip on table lamp to see the ends that may be shorter - like around the crown.