What length were you this time last year?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I know we have length goals to meet, but if you think back to where you were last year it might make you appreciate the length you have now. Also you can tell us whether you were relaxed, natural, texlaxed or transitioning.

Last April I was neck length. I was just figuring out how to manage my hair. Currently im apl headed to bsl and I think I finally got this hair thing figured out. I am so in love with my 4b springy texture.

BostonMaria

I know we have length goals to meet, but if you think back to where you were last year it might make you appreciate the length you have now. Also you can tell us whether you were relaxed, natural, texlaxed or transitioning. Last April I was neck length. I was just figuring out how to manage my hair. Currently im apl headed to bsl and I think I finally got this hair thing figured out. I am so in love with my 4b springy texture.

Wow that's amazing growth for one year!! Congrats!! I would love to see pictures.

I was a little past WL and I'm the same now. I think this is my terminal length.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thanks! Im actually a really slow grower, but im short (5') so that helps lol. Im looking forward to what the next year brings :yep:
How long have you been waist length BostonMaria?

BostonMaria

Thanks! Im actually a really slow grower, but im short (5') so that helps lol. Im looking forward to what the next year brings :yep: How long have you been waist length BostonMaria

Hmmm I think I've been this length (I call it purgatory because it's between WL and Hip Length) for like 3 years.

Fenaxa

Last April was my 1st year natural, I was CBL now I'm APL/BSB. Still natural but now rocking it instead of extreme protective styling under wigs :)

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
I know we have length goals to meet, but if you think back to where you were last year it might make you appreciate the length you have now. Also you can tell us whether you were relaxed, natural, texlaxed or transitioning.

Last year I was neck length and relaxed. Right now I am past ear length after an unexpected mini chop in February. I'm almost 9 months into my transition.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Congrats OP on APL!

I was also NL and now I'm barely CBL. I got fine hair that breaks when you look at it and a love affair with scissors that had to end a couple months ago...

I'm also 5'0! ANd you're not really a slow grower. Probably average or a little above. I barely make .5" a month. Most months its a little more than a quarter inch. That's slow growing...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thank DarkJoy! My hair is fine/medium but I use a lot of protein so it rarely breaks. My relaxed hair hated protein, but my natural hair loves it

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Getting the protein down is a big deal. I finally got it but still...snap snap when not careful.

Whats your reggi? Are you PSing a lot?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I wig it for 3 months at a time with celie braids underneath. I use aussie moist or hello hydration as a leave in, I seal with evoo and I spray my hair with Aphogee green tea keratin or aloe vera juice/glycerin. Every 3 months I get a dominican blowout and dc at the salon. Thats pretty much it. I cowash once a month. Low manipulation is helping me retain every inch. My last trim was in October. I sleep in a satin bonnet every night and sometimes I spritz my hair with both of my sprays and baggy for a few hours. I use creme if nature argan oil shampoo at the salon (I bring my own stuff lol).

Victoria44

Last year around this time my hair in the back reached right under my breasts when I pulled it forward, now it reaches midway between my xiphiod and belly button. Last year I was between bra-strap and midback length now i'm definitely at least mid back length.

Im natural and my longest layer was probably scraping BSL. Now my longest layer is an inch or so past WL. Which is SO crazy to me :drunk:

BSL was originally my goal but I might just go for HL since I always wear my hair curly (which hangs about CBL to APL) and I'm inching towards there anyway.

ezina

Last year this time I was grazing MBL but I still had relaxed ends. Right now, I think I'm full BSL but won't officially check until my 3-year post relaxer anniversary at the end of May.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
My hair was about 15 inches (bsl) at the beginning of May, and my hair is about 21 inches now :shocked:.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I was fully relaxed and longest layers were at MBL this time last year. I'm currently grazing BSL at my longest layers (removed some thin ends late last year that took me to just past SL).

tasha7239

I was about an inch from full MBL last year. Now that I am transitioning and cutting I am CBL. I have about 4 inches of natural hair. I plan to cut the rest of the relaxed hair on 23 August.

overtherainbow

Last year around this time, I BCd at CBL, now I think I'm grazing BSB. When I pull my longest layer towards the front, it's boob length lol.

AgeinATL

This time last year, I was 6 months into my transition and full BSL (after a chop by a scissor happy stylist). I am now 1 1/2 years into my transition and full WL, but I will be doing a mini chop back to somewhere between BSL and MBL soon.

bronxsoloist

This time last year my hair was around SL/CBL but the bottom half was dyed and fried and I've been transitioning out of the color. Now my longest layer is inching its way to BSL and I'm just waiting for the rest to catch up/fall into place. As for the color, I only have tinted ends in some areas but this is the first time since ............................. high school that I have NOT had color OR relaxer in my hair.

sgold04

My hair was about 15 inches (bsl) at the beginning of May, and my hair is about 21 inches now :shocked:.

That's awesome growth! What is your regimen?

I can't say exactly where I was because I wasn't paying attention to hair at that time, but I think I was about 3 inches above BSL when I got my Senegalese twists last May, so about 11 inches? Today I'm at 16"

MizzBFly

Last year this time I was grazing MBL but I still had relaxed ends. Right now, I think I'm full BSL but won't officially check until my 3-year post relaxer anniversary at the end of May.

I was excited to read your post about 3 years post relaxer WOW!! Can I pick your Brain real quick? I'm 6 months post and really don't want to go through the hassle of relaxing yet don't want to loose my length am almost MBL so maybe your routine could help me so much

So do you protective style with extensions or weave?

I saw in your soggier that you co wash 3 times a week, does one of those washes include a d/c?

Since you manipulate your 2 textures frequently during the week how do you detangle? Or your detangling suggestions after a co wash? And do you have some breakage at the demarcation line?

growinstrong

My hair was about BSL with thin, see thru ends. I cut it to neck length in May. Had a scissor happy stylist that I left in August with my hair still at neck length. Now I'm APL.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
My hair was grazing shoulder length from a bob cut i got near the end of my transition. now my natural hair shoulder length. my hair seems to grow slowly.

Rozlewis

This time last year I was just shoulder length with sparse ends. Now my hair is in better shape and I think I am APL. What a difference a year makes.