What makes YOUR hair feel great?!

miss_cheveious

Ever had a moment when you've experimented with a product or system and your hair feels simply lush?

I had a moment today after I had finished moisturising and sealing with oil, I decided to use virgin hair fertilizer and massage my edges. Afterwards, my hair felt soo good as if it was smiling back at me.

So Ladies:
When did you have ur 'aah' moment? And what did you do to achieve it?

*It doesn't have to be anything new, a regular step in ur reggie which makes your hair feel amazing is equally important!

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo. When my scalp goes haywire with warm weather itches this stuff does its job beautifully.

When I was relaxed, the one thing that gave me that "Ahhhh!" moment was Salerm 21 B5 leave-in conditioner. I would touch my hair for hours - it felt so silky and soft and when it would move over the top of shoulders, I would reach up and touch it again.

~Sigh~

Good times...

ETA: I had to slow down using it because it was loaded with cones and this eventually would cause breakage and this made me very:sad:

abba pure moisture shampoo+ joico kpak intense hydrator or ao hsr w/almond oil+ mop leave in conditioner+ jane carter nourish and shine=happy hair

...Suave Tropical Coconut i bathe my hair in it everyday :)
...on the other hand coconut oil is a long time enemy of my hair :S

My new found love Skala masques with a little Porosity Control mixed in followed by AOHC on 20%dried hair followed by Oyin Shine and Define into twists. so freaking soft. so freaking soft.

1) Pre-pooing with Suave Tropical Coconut followed by co-washing with VO5 MM :lick: = hairgasm

2) DC'ing with Silicon Mix :love:

Yogurt? That sounds interesting.. What type are you using?

Dannon, i think its either non-fat or low-fat. I really love mixing it into my deep conditioners. I make sure its like 2 parts yogurt to 1 part conditioner, then i might throw in some coconut oil. my hair comes out super soft :yep:

Saturated onn dry hair: Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango mixed with Organix Coconut Milk Self Heating Oil, while sitting under my steamer. :lick:

I cosign the women who add jbco (or any castor oil) AND jojoba oil to my dc. Also using these oils combined with jane carter and emu oil twice a day has made my hair softer,shinier,and bouncy. Please for the love of god try this. I think I may have found a remedy for my moisture-thirsty, dry looking, split ended hair!!!

My hair loves prepoo with hairveda strinillah, coconut oil, evoo, and Rosemary/peppermint/tea tree oil. Then deep con after with aveda damage remedy.

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I'm a protein junkie. My hair loves it. Just gotta make sure there is balance. :)

giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture conditioner
just leave it on for a couple of minutes and it transforms my hair into silk

giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture conditioner
just leave it on for a couple of minutes and it transforms my hair into silk

@ the bolded: I was thinking of buying this...

right now, pre-poo on slightly damp hair with rice bran oil :lick:

Conditioning with Matrix biolage hydratherapie Cera-Repair + Joico Clinicure Nourish + Joico Silk Resluts Conditioner.

having learned through trial and error, and with the help of the hair boards, I find that products used properly make my hair feel good.

When I use a dime sized amount of product and my hair is left to be alll soft and swangalanalicious, I love that. When I use my DC and actually get under the dryer to let it do the job, that makes my hair feel good.

Now if I could just get over my disdain for the fact that I have thin strands and learn to accept that, i'll be alright.

After DC-ing with ORS Replenishing Pak I rinse it out, towel dry and distribute about a dollar amount of Organix coconut conditioner before I let it air dry in two big braids. I undo the braids when my hair is about 80% dry, seal with coconut oil, and re braid it again till it's completely dry.
My hair feels like silk after I do this. Absolutely lush..lol, seriously, I have actually stopped co-washing because of this. My ends dry straight, so no more SSK and it also holds moisture longer. I think I have finally found a routine I can stick with :yep:

Back