What New Things Have You Done To Your Hair

knt1229

Ok ladies, what new things have you done to your hair and what new products or techniques have you tried lately?

I'll start. I finally tried a sulfate-free shampoo. I went into Sally's and picked this up
SBS-302600
I also got the matching conditioner and hydrating masque. All I can say is, "Wow" This is some good stuff. I had no idea of the difference sulfate-free would make. It cut down on alot of frizz. My hair feels different too. It feels moisturized but not producty/coated, if that makes sense.

I have also just started doing ACV rinses. Man, after using that my hair snapped back to life. It had lift and volume, a nice sheen, and lots of body. My rollerset was very smooth. The frizzy dry hair in the crown of my head disappeared. I didn't know what I had been missing. It's like the heavens opened up and the angels started singing, "AAAAAAAAAA" :lol: But seriously though it really revived my hair.

The ACV rinse has just become a staple. Love it... :lick:

I've recently put my hair in yarn twists. I've had them in almost 2 weeks and I love them. Ironically I don't miss my hair at all! Lol. I'm gonna leave them in for a month and then take out to do a length check, DC, etc. and then put them right back in! :)

I've done quite a few new things just in this month:
1. I did my first s & d....my eyes started to hurt so I ended that before I got all the splits and ssk
2. I did a self trim....went well had a nice U shape.
3. I did an egg dc.....liked very much will do maybe one a month.
4. I dc overnight....loved this my hair felt very soft.

I did a protein treatment using egg,mayo and mane and tail conditioner.
I did a caramel treatment.:love2:
I used Care Free Curl Instant Activator under my gel wng/shingle
I made my own Shae butter smoothie
I used some Aloe Vera Gel...(doesn't seem to provide enough hold for my hair)
I used flax seed gel. (I like it but I've been too lazy to make more)
I used a red manic panic color on my hair. (I liked it but it was too messy and comes out every time I wash. I will do it again but in the winter when I straighten.)

Good results from everything except the Aloe Vera Gel.

I using the Zen Detox clay on my hair. I am actually doing my 2nd treatment now. So far I love it.

I bought some henna and going to henna at the end of this month after I finish with the Detox treatments.

And tonight I'm going to try plopping for the first time.

That's probably all the new stuff I will be trying for this month.

My DD made me an avocado treatments. She made it herself from scratch and it felt wonderful in my hair.

I also did a black molasses treatment for the first time this week

Well I started washing my hair with conditioner, I think the shamppo is bothering my scalp, so I decided to stop using shamppo and so far, my hair likes it, my hair has been really dry lately, and the cowashing is helping me. But other than that, nothing else, I'm going to try indian powders soon, and see how that comes out....But cowashing is doing the good....

I put my hair in box braids. I am in LOVE!!!! I think they suit my face really well. I like not having to do my hair. I like how well they style. I like everything about them!!

I stopped wearing braids around the 9th grade cuz I thought I "too grown" for braids...chile' please! I wish I could smack my 14 yo self. lol!

Ok ladies, what new things have you done to your hair and what new products or techniques have you tried lately?

I'll start. I finally tried a sulfate-free shampoo. I went into Sally's and picked this up
SBS-302600
I also got the matching conditioner and hydrating masque. All I can say is, "Wow" This is some good stuff. I had no idea of the difference sulfate-free would make. It cut down on alot of frizz. My hair feels different too. It feels moisturized but not producty/coated, if that makes sense.

I have also just started doing ACV rinses. Man, after using that my hair snapped back to life. It had lift and volume, a nice sheen, and lots of body. My rollerset was very smooth. The frizzy dry hair in the crown of my head disappeared. I didn't know what I had been missing. It's like the heavens opened up and the angels started singing, "AAAAAAAAAA" :lol: But seriously though it really revived my hair.

ACV does wonders for my hair!

I've recently put my hair in yarn twists. I've had them in almost 2 weeks and I love them. Ironically I don't miss my hair at all! Lol. I'm gonna leave them in for a month and then take out to do a length check, DC, etc. and then put them right back in! :)

i put yarn braids in my hair 5wks ago and fell in love, although im missing my hair a tad bit, im going to take them down at 6wks, let my hair rest for a wk and then back in they go.

rocking wigs now and using HairOne Olive Oil Cleansing Cream. great stuff and good to detangle with. oh, i also tried the black tea rinse for my shedding. it worked too.

Cassia treatment
Henna/indigo treatment
Bagging my hair at night after moisturizing and sealing
Vatika oil
Homemade banana deep conditioning treatment

I decided to go back to my curly perm after 14 months of transitioning & cut off all of the old chemical & went from scraping WL to CBL. I hated to part with the length but it was necessary. I'm looking forward to a new HHJ.

SBS-302600

i have this conditioner and i like it i just dont like the smell i actually have a few ion products now i love their Hard water conditioner now i just bought the new conditioning mask from their keratin line!

Big chopped all my relaxed ends off to about 4 inches of hair, then yesterday cut off about 1/4 to 1/2 half off because I BC'ed with the wrong type of scissors (found my shears) and had tons of hidden relaxed ends left. First time my hair been this thick in well ...maybe first time ever.

Also tired ORS replenishing pack, I knew I would be regret going 2 years with out trying it out. It is pretty good.

--Started using a shikakai mix to cleanse instead of using shampoo. I think I like it.
--I've been revisiting coconut oil while in my twists.
--Wearing my hair in twists
--Wearing "out" styles more often

20 minute conditioning with homemade avocado masque. Used on dry hair whie working out and on wet hair after shampoo. Really like it.

Using Aussie Moist as a styler. Works out nicely.

- started using aloe vera gel and coconut oil to prepoo and I'm in love.
- revisiting coconut oil as my sealers. My hair stays blinging now.

Yesterday I had my BSL hair cut into a angled bob. Between NL & SL in back and CL in the front!

Today I bought Moroccan Oil shampoo and reconstructure...Im going to give it a try tonight!

Adding castor oil and jojoba oil to my scalp and ends.

My hair is getting thicker, which I love.

Revisiting ACV rinses and just tried Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. Love it!! Trying AO GPB Rosemary + Peppermint conditioner next.

Trying to find what works for me with detangling. So far, so good.

Tried a straight twistout, no tnc. Didn't like the look pinned the waves down and stuck a flower in it. Looked cute. Tried out my new QB AOHC on wet, shampooed hair. I first put the OHHB on my very damp hair. Then put the AOHC on each strand of (2 strand twist) the hair as I did twist. My tnc looked dull and semi-moist, but w/great hold. It felt like my hair didnt absorb the AOHC. Then the next day I mixed a little AOHC with the OHHB (50:50) (on damp hair, spritz w/water) and I did my twists. Today my hair is soft AND shiny AND had great hold. I think I am on to something. A lot of factors in play: shampooed hair, twistout on hair that already had AOHC/OHHB and then remoisturized with mixed products, layering product vs mixing products, etc. Anyhoo, my hair is uber soft. I don't think I have to moisturize tonight...I probably will anyway. Trying to decrease my # of cowash/wk and nightly retwisting to decrease manipulation. But cowashes keep my hair soo moisturized. If I can find a product that keeps moisture and hold a style I have found my HG. We shall see.

I normally use SM Curling Smoothie which contains protein, but btwn bi weekly henna and other protein laden products, I think I am in protein overload. AOHC doesn't have protein. Even at the end of the day, SM Smoothie doesn't keep my hair really soft. This AOHC/OHHB does.

Sent from my DROIDX

I decided to go back to my curly perm after 14 months of transitioning & cut off all of the old chemical & went from scraping WL to CBL. I hated to part with the length but it was necessary. I'm looking forward to a new HHJ.

Hey nakialovesshoes -- we need to catch up! :wave:

Today is my 3 year natural anniversary :party: so I washed my hair with Giovanni SAS and treated my hair by trying out my new TJ Tea Tree Tingle conditioner. It felt sooooo good on my hair and smelled great. I haven't felt a tingle like that since I purchased Suave Rosemary Mint conditioner sometime in 2009. I normally don't like shampoos, and the SAS tangles my hair, but it smells so good that I was willing to deal and just add a little extra condish to detangle. :look: ACV rinses are my modus operandi, but I forgot to mix it up before stepping in the shower.

ion makes some really great products....their Effective Care Treatment is one of my favorite DCs ever. Great protein/moisture DC all in one.

I did recently go back to sealing....I have done it occasionally in the past, but never consistently. Now that my regimen is so super-simple (cowash, damp dry, add leave-in and seal, bun/WNG) it's easy to remember. I am currently using sweet almond oil most often, but last night I did another first and used emu oil. (In addition to these two oils, I also have EVCO, avocado, and EVOO, as well as mango and avocado butter.) I really feel like it makes a difference in the overall moisture levels and softness of my hair -- a big duh, right?

ijust had my hair braided and am wearing hair clip extensions over them:drunk: its soo much easier applying the megatek on my scalp.

I got a sew in...It's my first weave/extension ever and It looks really nice. Not sure if I can say I'll never get one again, but I definitely can't wait to take it out. This itching is ridiculous and i miss my newly-natural hair :)

I recently started the oil rinses and fell in love! Also using heat protection has become something new

I started using Aussie Moist as my leave in after cowashing with 3 minute miracle.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I started using the Ouidad Double Detangler comb and ditched the Tangle Teezer.

(see above drool)

Back