What products would you recommend to her/my friend?

MrsHouston

A friend e-mailed me this. What products or suggestions would you recommend to her? TIA

Hey do you know of any products that would work well for repairing damaged hair? This happened a really long time ago but ever since this girl put a relaxer and color on my hair it hasn't been the same and won't grow as much in one certain area. Actually, at the time it happened, it had fallen out and almost looked shaved right in the top in the middle section of my head. It will only grow to a certain length and then stop. It feels really hard, dry and coarse, unlike the rest of my hair.
If you know of anything, please let me know ASAP. I appreciate it!

nicki6

I would suggest using ORS replenishing pak once weekly with heat for 15 mins. That's protein and moisture.

Does she moisturize daily? If she's 4a/b, I suggest Cantu shea butter leavein repair cream:up:

MrsHouston

I would suggest using ORS replenishing pak once weekly with heat for 15 mins. That's protein and moisture.

Does she moisturize daily? If she's 4a/b, I suggest Cantu shea butter leavein repair cream:up:

No, she's not in the "game". I'm trying to get her on board though.

ORS sounds good. Also I think I want to try the Cantu...I've heard good things about it.

TonicaG

TonicaG
If she has the money, I would suggest she invest in the Aveda Damage Remedy line. If she doesn't have the money, a good moisturizing shampoo (Neutrogena Triple Moisture) followed up w/ a deep conditioner and maybe some good old fashioned cholesterol and MN and Boundless Tresses for that trouble spot.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Aphogee products (both the mild and strong)-protein treatment
CON Shampoo (green bottle)- my "detangling comb in a bottle"
ORS pak/NTM Deep Conditioner- moisturizing conditioner
ORS Mayo/ AO GPB - protein conditioner
a good leave in conditioner
a great daily moisturizer
hair oils (I like castor and amla oil)
and a good clarifying poo

also, $5 to join this site! :yep:

Sistaslick and Macherieamour have great tips on their blogs.

MrsHouston

It does sound like she needs a good strong protein treatment.

I was also thinking of telling her to try Castor oil for the balding/short spot in her hair.

Aphogee products (both the mild and strong)-protein treatment
CON Shampoo (green bottle)- my "detangling comb in a bottle"
ORS pak/NTM Deep Conditioner- moisturizing conditioner
ORS Mayo/ AO GPB - protein conditioner
a good leave in conditioner
a great daily moisturizer
hair oils (I like castor and amla oil)
and a good clarifying poo

also, $5 to join this site! :yep:

Sistaslick and Macherieamour have great tips on their blogs.