What quick hair styling remedies have you learned...

Isis

What quick hair remedies or "fixes" have you learned...

on this board or on your own?

Here is one:

If my rollerset for some reason airdries wrong (roller came off during sleep, hair wasn't on the roller tight enough, etc.) and my hair is dry but poufy, I found I can re-roll my dry hair up on the magnetic rollers for at least 30 minutes and it will come out straighter and swingy like it's supposed to.

What are your hair "fixes" or remedies?

Last edited:

Isis

Here's another one I did today which I have learned somewhere on this board. I use this whenever necessary.

If my new growth is really pushing my hair up, I will tie my silk or satin scarf down tight over my hair (before or after it's in the style I want) for about 30 minutes or so. I've done this while driving somewhere also. The smoothness of the scarf will smooth down the new growth considerably, just like the smoothness of the magnetic rollers smooth & straighten out the hair. :)

Last edited:

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Air drying my hair in two small buns. It helps my curls to take shape when I don't have time to do a braid out. :) I also started using a satin scarf to tie down my hair after I co-wash. This helps to mold my hair in the style that I want without me stressing it out with the brush or comb.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I remember when I did rollerwraps, if a few sections come out limp or not so curly, I would put oil or a glossing polish on the ends and roll it back up with a roller for a few minutes before I had to go somewhere like school or work. Then, I would wear the roller(s) on my way to whereever I'm going and then take it out before I got out of my car. :grin:

Also, if I don't feel like wrapping or rolling up my hair for the night, I will take all my hair and roll it around with one large magnetic roller. Or, I will wear a scunchi bun on top of my head.:)

Boadicea

To make my hair appear thicker, I blow dry it before flat ironing and use a creme moisturizer instead of an oil one.

Isis

Re: What quick hair "fixes" or remedies have you learned...

Wow Erica, Poohbear and Boadicea! These are great remedies I bet most of us can use right now! I love it!

**saving to print out later ** :user:

Any more hair fixes ladies?

Last edited:

Lorraine

* UNLV's one roller curl. Smoothing my hair back and putting it all up in one roller really does the trick on dry hair.

* Bun it up - the bun in my avatar is a life saver. I can wear it to work and out in the evening and you can't tell that my hair needs a touch up, trim, etc. :lol:

Isis

Lorraine said:
* UNLV's one roller curl. Smoothing my hair back and putting it all up in one roller really does the trick on dry hair.

* Bun it up - the bun in my avatar is a life saver. I can wear it to work and out in the evening and you can't tell that my hair needs a touch up, trim, etc. :lol:
I saw that Poohbear mentioned the one roller curl also. I'll have to try this one too. :)

I love, love, love your bun Lorraine! :love: I wore a side bun mostly last year through the winter and I always received compliments and turned heads. Mine was a braided one pinned under on the side. I love yours even more because of the way you pinned yours up. Buns do not have to be boring. I find your bun style to be both elegant and sexy.

Last edited:

winterinatl

All natural!
When my hair is airdried, the waves are sometimes funky and inconsistent. I used to do a reveresed ponytail with a scrunchie, but it looked so haphazard for work! And, as the ends got longer, it just didn't work out at all.

Now, I do an 'inside out' bun: with a thick hairband or scrunchie nearby, take the length of my hair in one hand (like my hand is holding a ponytail) and run my other hand all the way to the ends, giving a twist or two as I go. That hand grabs the ends firmly, pulling upward. The other hand (making the ponytail) lets go, and tucks the ends under, held up against the back of your head. Next, with your free hand, you gather the loose sides and fold them over, grabbing each with your hand, then (still holding the whole shebang) put the scrunchie around the base.... Gosh, now that I see this description, I guess you'll want some pictures. I'll work on that if it doesn't make sense. I really is fast and pretty , just looks so complicated the way I wrote it... Well, give it a try.

Chaya

Boadicea said:
To make my hair appear thicker, I blow dry it before flat ironing and use a creme moisturizer instead of an oil one.

Oh Boadacea! I love your baby in your avatar. I would so love to babysit your baby!! I have two babies of my own! I wish they could play together and have parties together! Unfortunately my cats dont like other cats!

Lorraine

Isis said:
I love, love, love your bun Lorraine! :love: I wore a side bun mostly last year through the winter and I always received compliments and turned heads. Mine was a braided one pinned under on the side. I love yours even more because of the way you pinned yours up. Buns do not have to be boring. I find your bun style to be both elegant and sexy.

Thanks, Isis. :kiss: Your description of the braided bun sounds very cute. I might have to give that a try. :)

Boadicea

Chaya said:
Oh Boadacea! I love your baby in your avatar. I would so love to babysit your baby!! I have two babies of my own! I wish they could play together and have parties together! Unfortunately my cats dont like other cats!
Thank you. :) My cats don't like other cats, either. They're always having a smackdown.

VelvetRain

Isis said:
Here's another one I did today which I have learned somewhere on this board. I use this whenever necessary.

If my new growth is really pushing my hair up, I will tie my silk or satin scarf down tight over my hair (before or after it's in the style I want) for about 30 minutes or so. I've done this while driving somewhere also. The smoothness of the scarf will smooth down the new growth considerably, just like the smoothness of the magnetic rollers smooth & straighten out the hair. :)

I learned this one a few years ago. It works like a charm everytime.

Isis

michelle3147 said:
I learned this one a few years ago. It works like a charm everytime.
I wish I knew this years ago. I wish I knew all of these things on LHCF years ago. :lol: Shoot, my hair would be waist length by now like some of the ladies here.
Yes I had to do this one again today with the scarf and it is working like a charm. :)

pink_flower

Whenever I jack up a hair style, whether it be braid outs, rollersets (still learning) or whatever. I can always throw my hair up in a ponytail for a intant fix. LOL. Its saved me many bad hair days.