What should I learn how to do next?

Lovelylocs

I am taking hair lessons from a Dominican stylist. I've already learned how to do the rollerset and blowout. That part is easy. :yep: Next, I am learning how to do shirley temple curls. She said that she will teach me how to cut and trim too. What else should I learn how to do? I'm thinking relaxer of course. Can u guys make a list for me in order of importance please? I will give u guys step by step instructions of what I learn. :yep: Together we can become independent of salons. That is my goal. :)

1- relaxer
2- relaxer
3- relaxer
4- teach black customers how to get their hair to grow
5- oh did i mention no-burn relaxer techniques?

caribeandiva said:
1- relaxer
2- relaxer
3- relaxer
4- teach black customers how to get their hair to grow
5- oh did i mention no-burn relaxer techniques?
Gotcha! I wanna learn how to relax my own hair too. ;) The stylist and I were talking about hair school. Apparently they dont teach the dominican method up here. She said that down there the hair academies are serious. :yep: Up here, it is a lot of theory. Down there, they have to practice on actual people under the eye of their instructor. They cant burn the clients or anything. If the students dont pass the exam after 3 times then they get kicked out of the academy.

So, relaxers are definately on the list. I really hope I can go to the Big convention that we are having. I would love to show you guys what I'm learning. :)

Back