What to do right after washing?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
This is something that has puzzled me forever. what do you do after cowashing? right after cowashing my hair is super soft but then it gets very hard and crunchyy. I put nothing in it because its either going to dry hard or be sticky. and now that my hair is short i cannot braid or band my hair into sections.Im really frustrated right now:wallbash:

oh and hey I'm new to this forum. I finally got convinced my mom for a subscription lol:yay:

JustKiya

Welcome!!

Sounds like you need to find a good leave-in..... your hair definitely shouldn't be drying hard or crunchy - as you sure you are rinsing all of the conditioner out? Have you clarified - with either a clarifying shampoo, or about one tablespoon of baking soda mixed in with your conditioner? Are your conditioners silicone-free?

LunadeMiel

After gettting out of the shower:
  • lightly blot excess water out of my hair
  • spray in some Elasta QP H2 leave-in conditioner
  • apply some Elasta QP creme recovery oil moisturizer
  • apply a dime size amount of some texture cream that I bought I regis salon in CT. This tames me about 1 minute to do. Since my hair is wet I only apply a small amount of product.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I just put on my leave in and comb back into a bun or twist. You should definitely be putting some leave in or moisturizer on your hair after you wash it. What leave ins have you used that have made your hair sticky and hard? Perhaps you were applying too much

Napp

Ms. Nobody
before when i was texturized i would just put in sunsilk anti poof or defrizz or i would put in kids organics shea butter but after bcin these leave my hair very crunchy.

KaramelDiva1978

ITA with what the other ladies said. Looks like since your texture is natural, what you used on texturized hair is working anymore. You may have to experiment with leave ins and see what works for you. I love Neutrogena triple moisture leave-in b/c my hair is naturally so dry and esp so with a relaxer. You can try that with some good 'ole fashioned S-curl and maybe that will keep it soft and moisturized for you.

HTH!!

LivingDoll

ITA with what the other ladies said. Looks like since your texture is natural, what you used on texturized hair is working anymore. You may have to experiment with leave ins and see what works for you. I love Neutrogena triple moisture leave-in b/c my hair is naturally so dry and esp so with a relaxer. You can try that with some good 'ole fashioned S-curl and maybe that will keep it soft and moisturized for you.

HTH!!

I use NTM leave in too. I love it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
im using tresemme anti breakage conditioner with b5 and gelatin. it gives great slip and makes my hair soft but after i get out the shower and the hair becomes dry it becomes crispy as well unless i put in gel which leaves me having sticky hair(im heavy handed)

ive seen the NTM at cvs and the bottle was so small for 5 dollars. i think i would use it up in one go! this was my challenge being natural. brillo hair after washing:sad:

charmtreese

spray my hair with ojon revitalizing mist
Put on a plastic baggie
clean the tub
Comb thru my hair
put a little chi silk infusion in my hair
rollerset spraying occassionally with water/com mix