what to do with hard water issues??

goldensugar23

I have noticed that when I used to go to the salon and they rinse out my conditioners my hair is soft and shiny.I occasionally wash my hair at home and have noticed the last two times I washed my hair it was hard after my final rinse.My leave-in con made it a little better but i couldnt get a comb through it with out some serious detangler.I figured it has to be because of my hard water(My skin gets dry as well sometimes).

Does anyone Have hard water as well?And if so what do you do about it?I want to wash my hair more at home but not if its going to dry my hair out.:mad:

Last edited:

Princess Pie

I have very hard water. I bought a shower filter from Ulta, and it helped. The shower filter didn't solve all of my problems, so I purchased a whole house water filter and water softner. Now my water problems are solved.

While I was waiting for my water softner to be installed, I clarified more often. The clarifying poo helped me deal with the calcium build up.

HoneyDew

Shower filters have not helped with my hard water issues. I have to use Chelating shampoo. I want to get a water softener, too.

Cichelle

I found that shower filters ended up costing a lot of money (this family is a lil too shower happy) and they didn't do much. They certainly don't make water soft. For a while I was doing a final rinse with distilled water. But for some time now, I've just been using the water we have. I really don't know for sure that we have hard water. I just highly suspect it because of the color the water left on the tub and tiles before we got our bathroom remodeled. OTOH, I have NO lathering issues. Soap lathers very well. So, I dunno. I worried about it a lot at one point. Now I rarely even give it thought. It is what it is.

sexy c

I have hard water also and its making my hair super dry, I am going to try washing my hair with bottle water, because i dont have any money for a shower filter

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Using a cider vinegar rinse made with filtered water as my final rinse has been a big help for me.